Archive for October 2020

[Commlist] Call for Posters: Time and the Body, BAFTSS Annual Conference, University of Southampton.

Mon Oct 05 19:50:56 GMT 2020

*Call for Posters*: The BAFTSS Executive Committee would like to invite postgraduate members to showcase their doctoral research during the *BAFTSS 2021 Conference on ‘Time and the Body in Film, TV, and Screen Studies’ 7^th -9^th April 2021*. The PGR Research Poster Showcase and Conference will be online, hosted by BAFTSS and the University of Southampton Centre for International Film Research (CIFR) <https://www.southampton.ac.uk/cifr/index.page>.

We will host a display of research posters on the BAFTSS website. A prize of £100 will be offered to the research poster that is considered to be most successful by an online ballot of conference delegates. Our aim is to provide a structured yet comfortable forum for scholarly exchange, while promoting the visibility of the research being conducted within our postgraduate community. Wewill also host a short conference session in which delegates have the opportunity to meet the PGR Research Poster Presenters to ask questions.

*Guidelines: *The key to a successful poster is to distil your research into a brief text and clear design that will spark the interest of conference delegates. We are looking for a snapshot of your research that engages an audience with the broad lines rather than the forensic detail of your arguments. We are looking for a good balance between text and visuals, and want your poster to be the platform for further discussion with delegates inspired to find out more about your work.Please see some examples of successful research posters <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_b9819994e05a41d290264e97c87d0e53.pdf>, the winning posters of 2018 <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_85a73e8f3a6a43d59bba97731b9edc83.pdf>, 2019 <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_028cdb1eaf234d46ba56348c21f8a872.pdf>, and the short listed posters <https://www.baftss.org/pg-research-poster-2020-shortlist>and recipient of the BAFTSS 2020 Postgraduate Research Poster Showcase <https://29fa98f6-1809-488b-a9ec-9a5b9d0f4b6e.filesusr.com/ugd/27b2ad_11baaed8b1d0492f9993f8fa47627015.pdf>prize on our website.**

*Closing date:**Monday 8^th February 2021. *Please submit a draft of your poster as an attachment (in PDF format) in the first instance to Dr Liz Watkins ( (e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk) <mailto:(e.i.watkins /at/ leeds.ac.uk)>). Please include the following details on your poster: your name, University affiliation and email address.

*Accepted Poster Presentations: Monday 15^th February 2021.*Presenters whose posters are selected for display at the BAFTSS conference will be notified by 15^th February 2021.

*Submission of final poster designs: Monday 15^th March 2021.*Those presenters whose poster is selected for display during the BAFTSS conference will need to submit their final design as a PowerPoint Slide or Tiff File no later than Monday 15^th March 2021.

The research posters will be displayed on the BAFTSS Website. The Research Posters can be formatted as either portrait or landscape. This online forum affords the opportunity to include links to relevant audio-visual files.

*Note:*the main BAFTSS conference deadline for research paper abstracts and panel proposals is 1st December 2020. Research Poster Proposals can be submitted after this date and up until 8^th February 2021. BAFTSS Membership <https://www.baftss.org/join>is a requirement for conference presenters.