Archive for October 2019

[Commlist] IFTR - Translation, Adaptation, Dramaturgy working group: CFP

Mon Oct 28 18:18:03 GMT 2019

CALL FOR PAPERS:

Translation, Adaptation and Dramaturgy (TAD) Working Group, International Federation for Theatre Research (IFTR) conference

IFTR 2020 Galway, Ireland

NUI Galway

13-17 July 2019

Conference theme: ‘Theatre Ecologies: Environment, Sustainability and Politics’

https://www.iftr.org/conference

Deadline for abstract submission: 31 January 2020

The IFTR Translation, Adaptation and Dramaturgy (TAD) Working Group will be meeting at the IFTR conference in Galway, Ireland, 13-17 July 2020.

THE WORKING GROUP:

Translation, Adaptation and Dramaturgy (TAD) is an interdisciplinary Working Group whose members research within the respective fields of theatre translation, adaptation and dramaturgy and, more interestingly, at the intersections of those, combining interests in the local and the global, historical and contemporary, text and performance, theory and practice, critical theory, cultural studies, ethics, politics and aesthetics. The group works towards both individual and shared outputs and involves short and long-term collaborations, as well as an ongoing commitment to rigour, curiosity and new ideas.

.

For more information about the Translation, Adaptation and Dramaturgy WG, please visit https://www.iftr.org/working-groups/translation-adaptation-and-dramaturgy.

IFTR 2020: CALL FOR PAPERS:

·Ecologies of Translation, Adaptation and Dramaturgy

·Translation, Adaptation, Dramaturgy and the Anthropocene

·Globalisation, ethics and theatre-making via Translation

·Politics: Changing Landscapes of Adaptation

·Sustainable Dramaturgies

 *   Open call: We encourage other submissions that address translation, adaptation and dramaturgy, including those that do not directly refer to the conference theme.

FORMAT OF CONFERENCE SESSIONS:

The co-conveners will arrange abstracts into panels grouped by connected topics.Papers (up to 3000 words) are pre-circulated four weeks before the conference, followed by brief (up to 10 minutes) verbal presentations at the conference to ensure time for discussion and exchange. We are open to proposals featuring other presentation formatsthat fit the allocated timeframe.

WG members are currently working on a book project on politics of translation adaptation and dramaturgy, but we are open to starting new initiatives, collaborations and projects too.

SUBMITTING YOUR ABSTRACT:

Abstracts should be no more than 300 words and are due 31 January 2020.

We welcome existing and new working group members, at all career stages and form anywhere in the world, to submit papers on any aspect of translation, adaptation and dramaturgy. The WG exists to encourage debate and exchange of ideas, and we are open to interested observers to attend and participate in our discussions.

All abstract submissions are made through the Cambridge Core website. However, in order to make a submission you will need to become a member of IFTR first.

If you have already have a Cambridge Core account, you can download instructions on how to join IFTR:

https://www.iftr.org/media/2765/become-a-member-already-have-a-core-account.pdf

If you do not have a Cambridge Core account, you can download instructions on how to join IFTR:

https://www.iftr.org/media/2766/become-a-member-new-to-core.pdf

Please direct all questions about #IFTR2020 to: (iftrgalway2020 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(iftrgalway2020 /at/ gmail.com)><mailto:(iftrgalway2020 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(iftrgalway2020 /at/ gmail.com)>>

ACCEPTANCE:

Applicants will be informed of acceptance by late February/early March 2020.

BURSARIES:

IFTR offers financial assistance to scholars wishing to participate in its Annual Conference. Bursaries are awarded on the basis of merit, relevance to the conference or Working Group theme and financial need. Please note that the deadline for bursary applications significantly predates the deadline for abstract submission (Deadline: 15 December 2019). For information and instructions about bursaries, and to download the application form, please visit https://www.iftr.org/conference/bursaries. For bursary-related queries, please email (iftrbursaries2020 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(iftrbursaries2020 /at/ gmail.com)><mailto:(iftrbursaries2020 /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(iftrbursaries2020 /at/ gmail.com)>>.