Archive for October 2019

[Commlist] Research Associate positions at the Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Culture

Fri Oct 11 10:36:10 GMT 2019

*Research Associate positions at the Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Culture – Deadline approaching*

Colleagues may be interested in two research associate positions at the Cardiff School of Journalism, Media and Culture, Cardiff University (each post would last 24 months). Start dates likely to be January 2020.

Countering disinformation: enhancing journalistic legitimacy in public service media is an AHRC funded project that will examine the production and output of disinformation reporting in UK news media, as well as how audiences understand and engage with it. We aim to work with leading news organisations to enhance their disinformation reporting and, ultimately, raise public knowledge and understanding of public affairs. We are looking to recruit two research associates with a good knowledge and understanding of debates about disinformation as well as skills in content analysis and/or focus groups and interviews. More information about the project can be found here: https://www.cardiff.ac.uk/news/view/1588176-what-are-journalists-doing-to-fight-back-against-disinformation .

You can apply for both positions here: https://krb-sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/Home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=30011&siteid=5460&PageType=searchResults&SearchType=linkquery&LinkID=6#jobDetails=1543775_5460 .

Closing date is *Friday 18^th October 2019*.

Professor Stephen Cushion is the PI ((Cushionsa /at/ cardiff.ac.uk) <mailto:(Cushionsa /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)>)

Dr Maria Kyriakidou is the CO-I ((kyriakidoum /at/ cardiff.ac.uk) <mailto:(kyriakidoum /at/ cardiff.ac.uk)>)

Please contact us both if you are interested in the post.