Archive for October 2019

[Commlist] Visiting Scholars Programme at University of Nottingham Ningbo China

Mon Oct 07 13:00:25 GMT 2019

The School of International Communications at the University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) invites applications for our inaugural Visiting Scholars programme. This position includes visa, transportation, accommodation, and a research stipend, and will be held for 2-3 months during the Spring/Summer term (between February 17^th and July 15^th , 2020, at the applicant’s discretion). The aim of this award is to foster research collaboration with members of staff in the School.During the residency, the scholar will undertake their research and collaborate with one or more members of IC staff on a research project (proposed by the Visiting Scholar) that will result in a publication or a grant application. They will also deliver one lecture for our School’s UG and PG students and will give one presentation to the wider University on their research as part of our Invited Speakers programme. There are no further teaching or administrative responsibilities.

The University of Nottingham Ningbo China (UNNC) was the first Sino-foreign University to open its doors in China. This award-winning campus offering a UK style education has grown to establish a student body of 8,000 in just 15 years. The School of International Communications is the largest school in the Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences, and is affiliated to the Department of Culture, Media and Visual Studies at the Nottingham campus.More information about the School of International Communications and its members can be found here:https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/index.aspx

Scholars should be well-established in their field, with expertise relevant to IC, whichincludes media and communication studies, cultural studies, film and television studies, game studies, etc. (see:https://www.nottingham.edu.cn/en/internationalcommunications/know-our-people/know-our-people.aspx). The award is competitive, and will be based on the proposed research proposal and the applicant’s CV.

To apply, please include the following in an email addressed to Corey Schultz at (corey.schultz /at/ nottingham.edu.cn):

  * Covering letter (please include the proposed length of residency
    (maximum 3 months) and suggested dates).
  * Research proposal detailing your proposed research project(s),
    output, and the member(s) of staff that you would be interested in
    collaborating with.[maximum of 500 words]
  * CV
  * Email addresses of two referees

The call closes on Friday, November 15^th at noon (Beijing Standard Time). The Visiting Scholar committee will meet the following week, and decisions will be made by Friday, November 29^th .

For further questions about the programme, please contact Corey. For questions about the research undertaken by members of staff, please consult the staff webpages or contact members directly.