Archive for March 2019

[Commlist] CFP: Crisis Communication Conference

Mon Mar 18 21:25:37 GMT 2019

Leeds Beckett University is looking forward to welcoming the ECREA Crisis Communication Section to the 6th International Crisis Communication Conference in 2019.
*/
/*
*/The conference will be Thursday 3 October- Saturday 5 October, 2019 in Leeds, United Kingdom with pre-conference workshops on Wednesday 2 October and a PhD workshop from 1-2 October. /* *2019 Conference Theme: Innovations in the Field of Risk & Crisis Communication* The deadline for abstract submission is 15 April, 2019 with notifications sent on or about 15 May, 2019.

We are looking for an exploration of new approaches to theory, methodology, education and training, practice, as well as the intersection of technology in the context of risk and crisis. We are looking for cross-disciplinary work with communication, journalism, business, marketing, health, law politics, policing, cross-cultural research, education and training. We are inviting you to think about where the field has been and where it is can and should go. We would especially invite our practitioners to share their own experiences and best practices so that we can all learn from each other. Traditional research presentations, panel discussions, demonstrations, and theme discussions will all be welcome. We will provide additional details and guidelines over the next several months. If you have any questions or feedback about the conference, please contact Dr. Audra Diers-Lawson via email at (audra.lawson /at/ leedsbeckett.ac.uk) or connect with us in our Facebook group -- 'ECREA Crisis Communication Section'. We have reminders and will post all information there as well.

Moreover, our conference website is: https://leedstalkspr.com/crisis6-2019/
*Pre-Conference*
We are planning three pre-conference activities.

*Pre-conference 1:  Graduate Student Workshop* -- for graduate students, we will offer a workshop ahead of the conference. More details on the workshop will follow. The cost for the graduate workshop, inclusive of the simulation or social media workshop is £80. This will include lunches, tea, and snacks throughout the day as well as any materials for the workshop.
*
*
*Pre-conference 2: Simulation Workshop* -- open to all conference participants. This half-day session will have you experience a crisis simulation, discuss integrating simulations into classroom and training, and recommendations for developing simulations with Dr. Audra Diers-Lawson. This will take place on Wednesday 2 October from 1pm-4pm and will include a buffet lunch. Cost £30 for full conference attendees.
*
*
*Pre-conference 3: Social Media Analysis* -- open to all conference participants. This half-day session will provide an introduction to Twitter analysis by Daniel Vogler, the Head of Research for the Research Institute of  Public and Society at the University of Zurich. This will take place on Wednesday 2 October from 1pm-4pm and will include a buffet lunch. Cost £30 for full conference attendees.
*Other Conference Information*
We anticipate a full conference schedule on Thursday and Friday with a half-day on Saturday. Conference costs, inclusive of morning and afternoon snacks, teas, and coffees as well as a full hot buffet lunch on Thursday, Friday and Saturday:

  * Early Bird Rate from 15 May to 31 July - £175
  * Full Rate from 1 August to 15 September - £215
  * Late registration from 15 September-3 October - £350
  * Special practitioner two-day rate (Wednesday & Thursday for
    Pre-Conference and Day 1) - £100
We will be hosting a reception on Thursday evening (included in the cost of registration) as well as the Cultural Event and Dinner on Friday (extra cost).