Archive for March 2019

[Commlist] Celebrity Studies Journal Issue 10.1 published

Tue Mar 12 15:33:13 GMT 2019

Celebrity Studies Journal Issue 10.1 is now available online *

Special issue editors Ana Cristina Mendes and Lisa Perrott have gathered a range of articles exploring David Bowie and his influence on a variety of arenas including celebrity studies, fashion, academic fandom, and the transmedial.

See below for the list of articles, and check out the full papers online at https://www.tandfonline.com/toc/rcel20/10/1?nav=tocList

Constellating stardom, Berlin-style: Bowie, Christiane F, Hedi Slimane
/Susan Ingram/

Football, fashion and unpopular culture: David Bowie’s influence on Liverpool Football Club casuals 1976-79
/Mairi MacKenzie/

Celebrity conferences as confessional spaces: the aca-fan memory traces of David Bowie’s stardom
/Toija Cinque/

Is Bowie our Kierkegaard? : A theory of Agency in Fandom
/Amedeo D’Adamo/

‘Oh man, I need TV when I got T. Rex’: Bowie and Bolan’s otherworldly carnivalesque intermediality
/Alison Blair/

Telling lies: the interviews of David Bowie
/Elizabeth McCarthy/

Transition transmission: media, seriality and the Bowie-Newton matrix
/Dene October/

Time is out of joint: the transmedial hauntology of David Bowie
/Lisa Perrott/

‘Look up here, I’m in heaven’: how visual and performance artist David Jones called attention to his physical death
/Gareth Schott/