Archive for March 2019

[Commlist] Symposium & CFP Keeping up with Empowerment/A Vueltas con el Empoderamiento

Thu Feb 28 23:42:35 GMT 2019

International Symposium

KEEPING UP WITH EMPOWERMENT AND POPULAR MISOGYNY:

RE-WRITING FEMALE VICTIMHOOD

Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain), 17th May 2019

Main Hall, Faculty of Human and Social Sciences (HA1012CC)

This symposium is part of the actions linked to the R+D project entitled ‘Modalities and practices of resignification of women as victims: from vulnerability to resistance’ (FEM2015-65834-C2 MINECO/FEDER; remuvic.eu <http://remuvic.eu>), developed between the universities Rey Juan Carlos (URJC; Madrid, Spain) and Jaume I (UJI; Castellón, Spain).

Programme:

10:00:Opening remarks

Pilar Safont, Vice Chancellor of Language Policy and Equality (Universitat Jaume I)

10:30: Keynote

Rosalind Gill (City, University London): Trending now: Feminism, Postfeminism, Neoliberalism, Misogyny

Moderator: Sonia Núñez (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos) [interpreting service available upon request]*

12:00:Round table

Sarah Banet-Weiser (London School of Economics & Political Science): From Victimhood to Radical Vulnerability: Popular Feminism and Popular Misogyny

Catherine Rottenberg (University of Nottingham): The Rise of Neoliberal Feminism: From Hillary Clinton to Ivanka Trump

María José Gámez (Universitat Jaume I): A Recognition of Our Own: Interdependence and Vulnerability as a Feminist Response

Moderator: Rebeca Maseda (University of Alaska at Anchorage) [interpreting service available upon request]*

14:30-16:30:LUNCH BREAK

16:30:Pre-doctoral and postdoctoral panel

Moderator: Diana Fernández and Gema Pastor (Universidad Rey Juan Carlos)