[ecrea] Call for Papers L’Atalante 28: “Censorship and Film Form”

Fri Sep 21 16:50:39 GMT 2018

*CALL FOR PAPERS*

Please pay attention to our upcoming issue on the topic *“Censorship and Film Form. The Impact of the Hays Code on the Aesthetic Principles of American Classical Cinema”*,which will be published in /L’Atalante. Revista de estudios cinematográficos /(ISSN: 2340-6992), a biannual, non-profit journal, published in Valencia (Spain) with the collaboration of several Spanish universities and indexed in prestigious catalogues and databases of research and scientific dissemination. You can find more information about /L’Atalante /in our website <http://www.revistaatalante.com/index.php?journal=atalante&page=index>.

*Important Dates*

-       Submission deadline: From November 1^st to 26^th , 2018

-       Publication Date: July, 2019 (Issue 28)

*Issue’s aim*

Issue 28 of our journal will address the influence that the Hays Code had on classic Hollywood cinema, not from a thematic or ideological point of view, but from an aesthetic point of view. In other words, how the censorship system affected filmic form of classical movies. You can find a broader description of the topic at the call for papers section <http://www.revistaatalante.com/index.php?journal=atalante&page=announcement> of our website.

*Submission guidelines*

-Only unpublished articles are accepted in Spanish and English and they must be between 5000 and 7000 words.

-The Editorial Board will make a prior selection, choosing the articles deemed the most appropriate for the journal’s scope (film studies) and for the issue’s aim. Then, the selected articles will undergo an external peer review process.

-If the article is selected and gets through the blind peer review process, the author will pay the costs that result from the translation or proofreading - in the case of providing, along with the original, a translated version - of their article by the translator recommended by the journal.

-/L'Atalante/does not offer any compensation for published articles.

-For more information about guidelines and the submission process, please visit our website <http://www.revistaatalante.com/index.php?journal=atalante&page=about&op=submissions>.