[ecrea] cfp - Glimpse Journal - global media literacy in the digital age.

Sat Aug 11 06:02:32 GMT 2018

Glimpse Journal EXTENDED Submissions Deadline: Sept. 1st, 2018

Glimpse, a double-blind peer reviewed journal published annually by the Society for Phenomenology and Media, invites papers for its Spring 2019 issue on the theme of global media literacy in the digital age.

We find ourselves, arguably, on the brink of a third digital revolution--Web 3.0 constituted by an Internet of things that send and receive data--but we have not yet come to terms with Web 2.0 that confounded us with fake news and Presidential tweets. Glimpse seeks submissions that map theoretical distinctions and identify philosophical dilemmas by exploring aspects of media literacy in the global and local media landscapes. Papers should focus on specific media of communication (graffiti, books, TV, radio, film, dance, wearables, artificial intelligence, etc.). The media under scrutiny need not be digital, but we encourage reflections on the constraints placed on the media by the digital age.

All theoretical and philosophical perspectives are welcome (analytic, linguistic, phenomenological, Marxist, etc.).

Submit your papers to the editor at (glimpseSPM /at/ mail.com) by September 1st, 2018. All submissions must be original and may not be simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference proceedings. Papers must not exceed 3000 words and should be formatted according to MLA guidelines. Prepare your manuscripts for a double-blind review by creating a cover page with your name, affiliation, email address, the title of your paper, and by removing all identifiers from the paper and footnotes. Please contact the editor for submissions guidelines.

Elvira Godek-Kiryluk
Editor, Glimpse and SPM Proceedings
(glimpseSPM /at/ mail.com)