[ecrea] MeCCSA 2019 Conference

Wed Aug 01 13:10:25 GMT 2018

We are happy to announce that MeCCSA 2019 Conference registration is now open. The conference will be hosted by the University of Stirling, Scotland from 9-11 January 2019. To register, please follow the link: https://www.stir.ac.uk/about/faculties-and-services/arts-humanities/news-events/conferences/meccsa-2019/registration/(early bird rates are available until 5 November).

The theme of the MeCCSA 2019 Conference is Continuity & Change – Media, Communications & Politics.  The theme is designed to address the role of traditional and digital media and communications in maintaining continuity and advocating for political change, whilst also speaking to specific anniversaries significant to Scotland, including the 20th anniversary of the Scottish Parliament.

We will have four excellent keynote speakers whose work addresses the theme of Continuity & Change from different perspectives and who we believe will stimulate interesting discussions: Dr Shohini Chaudhuri (University of Essex), Prof Hannu Nieminen (University of Helsinki), Prof Philip Schlesinger (University of Glasgow) and Dr Leshu Torchin (University of St Andrews).

In addition, we will host four intriguing roundtables with prominent speakers from academia and practice on the topics of Media and Nations in Transition; Women in Media and Politics; Screen, Production and Media in Scotland; and ‘Poachers and Gamekeepers’ - The Intersections of Journalism and Public Relations.

The conference will offer a range of formal and informal social events and networking opportunities related to the conference theme and in a true spirit of Scotland, including a visit to the local landmarks, tasting Scottish delicacies and experiencing Scottish Ceilidh dancing.

For more information, please visit www.stir.ac.uk/meccsa2019 <http://www.stir.ac.uk/meccsa2019> or contact (meccsa2019 /at/ stir.ac.uk) <mailto:(meccsa2019 /at/ stir.ac.uk)>.