[ecrea] Two Vacancies: Ass-profs in Media Studies and in Digital Culture @University of Groningen

Fri Apr 20 11:02:38 GMT 2018

Two vacancies for
Assistant Professors in Media Studies (1 fte) & Media and in Digital Culture (1 fte)*

Centre for Media and Journalism Studies, University of Groningen

For more information:

https://www.academictransfer.com/en/46624/assistant-professor-media-and-digital-culture-10-fte/

https://www.academictransfer.com/en/46626/assistant-professor-media-studies-10-fte/

*Deadline *for applications: May 3, 2018.

Excellent research assessments and growing student numbers enable the Department of Media Studies and Journalism of the University of Groningen to hire new assistant professors. We are specifically looking for candidates with expertise in:

*- Media and Digital Culture*:
Candidates should have cutting-edge knowledge of the study of Digital Culture, especially in relation to the social and informative functions of digital media in society. They should be familiar with relevant debates in the field such as within internet studies, platform studies and/or software studies, and how digital processes are affecting and are affected by culture, the economy and society.

The position is open to candidates with a wide range of research interests, and theoretical and methodological approaches within the broad domain of Digital Culture. Candidates should be able to teach courses in media studies and/or journalism studies on the BA and MA level, and contribute to our research programme. The position combines teaching (60%) and research (40%).

- *Media Studies:
*We are looking for candidates with expertise in a wide range of media related fields, including (but not limited to):

- Media, Politics and Democracy
- Visual Culture
- Cultural industries
- Media Innovation and Entrepreneurship

We especially invite candidates in the first field to apply. However, the position is open to candidates with a wide range of research interests and theoretical and methodological expertise. Candidates should be able to teach courses in media studies and/or journalism studies on the BA and MA level, and contribute to our research programme. The position combines teaching (60%) and research (40%).

The successful candidates are expected to teach in our English-taught BA programme in Media Studies, our minor programme in Media and Journalism Studies, and our Dutch and international MA programmes in Journalism.