[ecrea] Special issue on "The politics and economics of Chinese Internet industry"

Mon Feb 12 23:29:50 GMT 2018

Special issue on "The politics and economics of Chinese Internet industry"

The first issue of the 2018 series of International Communication Gazette.

We started from over 50 submissions at the 2016 ICA pre-conference and ended with four, and only four, papers in this special issue. With personal regrets that we cannot include quite a few papers that I think are highly interesting, I hope the four that remained do provide readers insightful perspectives to both the historical development and the current nuances of Chinese Internet industry. Our editorial is free to access. Table of content is attached and can be accessed at http://journals.sagepub.com/toc/gazb/80/1

Editorial
Weiyu Zhang, Min Jiang, Bingchun Meng
pp. 3–6

From modernization to neoliberalism? How IT opinion leaders imagine the information society
Jing Wu, Guoqiang Yun
pp. 7–29

The political economy of Chinese Internet companies: Financialization, concentration, and capitalization
Lianrui Jia, Dwayne Winseck
pp. 30–59

From divergence to convergence: Institutionalization of copyright and the decline of online video piracy in China
Jie Gu
pp. 60–86

How local journalists interpret and evaluate media convergence: An empirical study of journalists from four press groups in Fujian
Hui Xiong, Jian Zhang
pp. 87–115