[ecrea] PDRA job at Sheffield

Thu Feb 01 14:42:58 GMT 2018

We are looking to recruit a full-time Post-Doctoral Research Associate to join our team to work with us on an AHRC funded project entitled: Defining Freedom of the Press: A Cross National Examination of Press Ethics and Regulation in Ten European Countries.

Working at the University of Sheffield in the Department of Journalism Studies you will be conducting and contributing to ground-breaking research and cutting-edge thinking, which will produce a range of high impact research outputs. We are therefore seeking applications from ambitious, highly motivated and talented individuals who will be keen to play an active role in maintaining and enhancing the international reputation for research in the Department of Journalism Studies.

The research project, which is a collaboration between the University of Sheffield and the University of Leeds, focusses on examining press ethics and regulation in a number of European countries with a view to developing a series of benchmarks or criteria which can be used by media workers and citizens in the UK to ensure the highest ethical standards. The work will yield a range of academic, industry and public facing outputs and will contribute to wider public understanding of journalism and media ethics.

You will hold a PhD in a relevant area or equivalent qualifications or experience and have experience of working in a multidisciplinary research project team and experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection and analysis.

Our department’s research active staff work within the Communication, Media and Journalism Research Group (link: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/journalism/research/overview) which is an interdisciplinary group, working across a number of research themes: Journalism, Communication and Democracy, Journalism and Communication History, Conflict and Crisis Communication, Digital Media and Communication, Language and Communication, European and Comparative Media and Information Law.

For informal enquiries about this job, contact: Dr John Steel ++44 (0)114 222 2545, (j.steel /at/ sheffield.ac.uk) <mailto:(j.steel /at/ sheffield.ac.uk)>.

For an application pack and to apply click this link <https://tinyurl.com/yaro3kap>