[ecrea] CFP: Media, Polis, Agora: Journalism & Communication in the Digital Era

Tue Jan 30 19:21:10 GMT 2018

*“Media, Polis, Agora: Journalism & Communication in the Digital Era” *

*Thessaloniki Greece - September 27-29, 2018 *

Keynote Speakers *to be announced soon*

See <http://amiretreat2018.advancedmediainstitute.com/>

We are pleased to announce the call for papers for the forthcoming international conference entitled “Media, Polis, Agora: Journalism & Communication in the Digital Era”. The conference is organized jointly by the *Advanced Media Institute*, the *Open University (Cyprus) *and the *Laboratoire d’ Études et de Recherches Appliquées en Sciences Sociales, Université de Toulouse (France)*, in Thessaloniki Greece.

This interdisciplinary conference aims to bring together scholars, professionals and practitioners from diverse fields -- including journalism studies, media and communication studies, political communication, sociology, critical humanities, policy and governance studies, technology studies, and cultural analysis-- to discuss the dynamic and continuous pivotal interplay of politics (polis), journalism and communication (media) and the public sphere (agora). The conference will further discuss the challenges that the advancement in digital journalism, ethics and content creation, mediated public discourse, new media and positions, as well as mediated political, public and civic action brings to those three spheres. We welcome theoretical, methodological and empirical submissions, case studies, and comparative work from all over the world.

/_Equally important, the conference seeks to build bridges between academia and the world of journalistic, media and political practice. Thus, we welcome Laboratories, Workshops and Seminars to demonstrate innovative projects, discuss ideas and share best-practices regarding the themes of the Conference._/

We call for potential speakers to submit a *500-word abstract *in English, by April 10^th , 2018. Submissions shall be uploaded at the Easy Chair Platform, by clicking _HERE. <https://easychair.org/account/signin.cgi?key=64782243.WXjkuPPVfrQ7bqvN>_For further assistance, please contact us by email to (info /at/ advancedmediainstitute.com).

All abstracts will be peer reviewed, so the submitted abstract should be prepared for blind review. Please note that each participant can present once as a primary author, although there are no limitations regarding co-authors.