Archive for December 2018

[Commlist] New Media and Rhetoric positions at RPI

Fri Dec 14 22:20:21 GMT 2018

Announcement of Tenure-track and Lecturer positions at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI).

*Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Media Studies*

Priority will be given to candidates whose research explores the nexus of media theory, culture, and technology and encompasses social media, digital culture, consumer culture, or the social impact of Big Data practices. /(Contingent on funding)/

**

*Tenure-Track Assistant Professor in Rhetoric*

We seek a scholar working in a variety of rhetoric and writing subfields. Priority will be given to candidates whose areas of research include Rhetoric, Media, and Culture; Digital Rhetoric; Visual Rhetoric; Political Rhetoric; Strategic Writing; or Speech Communication. /(Contingent on funding)/

*Non-Tenure-Track Lecturer position in Media*

Applicants should have a PhD or foreign equivalent in Media Studies or a related field at the time of appointment. The primary teaching responsibility for this position will be an interdisciplinary, introductory course in Media and Society as well as related courses in media and contemporary culture. We particularly welcome candidates who can also teach in the areas of advertising, consumerism, and/or social media. /(Funding approved)/

Full details of how to apply will be posted in the usual places (/Chronicle of Higher Education/ and the /MLA Job List/) once we have the official link. Meanwhile, feel free to send any questions directly to me, June Deery at (deeryj /at/ RPI.EDU)