Archive for December 2018

[ecrea] CFP Film-Philosophy Conference 2019

Wed Dec 05 22:26:35 GMT 2018

It’s my great please to announce the CFP for the 2019 Film-Philosophy conference to be held at the University of Brighton July 9-11.

We invites proposals for presentations on any subject related to film and philosophy. There is no single overall theme.

Keynote Speakers:

·Dr Victor Fan <https://www.kcl.ac.uk/artshums/depts/filmstudies/people/acad/fan/index.aspx>, King’s College London

·Professor Janet Harbord <https://www.qmul.ac.uk/sllf/film-studies/people/academic/profiles/harbord.html>, Queen Mary University London

·Dr Andrew Klevan <https://www.english.ox.ac.uk/people/dr-andrew-klevan>, University of Oxford

·Associate Professor Jane Stadler <https://communication-arts.uq.edu.au/profile/366/jane-stadler>, University of Queensland Australia

We invite individual 300-word abstract proposals to be submitted by *31 January 2019*.

http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/FP2019/author/submit

We use a track system that provides a number of broad headings to which a presenter may wish to attach their submission. There is, of course, an Open track if you feel that your paper does not fit within any of the other tracks.

The tracks for 2019 are:

·Open

·Aesthetics

·Documentary

·Emotion and Affect

·Environment and the Screen

·Ethics

·Existentialism

·Feminism

·Film cultures online (blogging, social media, podcasting)

·Film-Philosophy and Education

·Intersectionality

·New Technologies in/of Cinema

·Phenomenology

·Philosophy of Fiction

·Politics and Film-Philosophy

·Realism

·The Film-Philosophy Canon

·Video Essays

·Workshops

We only accept *individual *proposals for presentations of 20 minutes.

*We do not accept group panel proposals *except for Workshops.

The track system allows for papers to group organically around common themes and approaches.

We are open to workshops that have alternative and innovative formats that provoke discussion and debate. If you have any ideas for a workshop - in format or content - please contact the conference director ((D.Llinares /at/ brighton.ac.uk) <mailto:(D.Llinares /at/ brighton.ac.uk)>) before submitting an official abstract via the website.

We are also planning this year to audio record the keynote speakers and various panel speakers for an audio journal to be produced after the conference. If you do not want your paper to be recorded in this way, please indicate on you abstract submission by putting “DO NOT RECORD” at the end.

http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/FP2019

All abstracts will be considered by at least two members of the conference committee and decisions will be announced in March 2019.

Accommodation information is available on the conference website.

Please contact the conference director Dr Dario Llinares, University of Brighton: (D.Llinares /at/ brighton.ac.uk) <mailto:(D.Llinares /at/ brighton.ac.uk)> with any questions.