Archive for April 2018

[ecrea] CFP International Communication in the Network Society

Mon Apr 23 21:59:59 GMT 2018

The Section of International Communication at the Institute of International Studies (University of Wroclaw) in partnership with the Polish Communication Association (the Section of Intercultural & International Communication) and the Polish Association for International Studies would like to invite to the first international conference that is due to take place in Wroclaw on 11th - 12th October 2018. http://secure-web.cisco.com/17d4ZnX38n4TqAwrj2GWM9zI7vjxeA13-HThZuqheBCf0e-t7BPdHqm4exWbKbkJX7hO0NirThRthUOv5GX3clO-xuk_F8-KUh-p3YTsXGQCA4qgqzfRSDFGTC0xxx8yEyzXBTky7AVCA4wh41j_q0sXGL9yK0uMou0EkppFxis5-z9XZdX58gVfjMmglt97QWGNfsR9nFFgEZCYUvOBNZ9dWa4A33k9rXFjP4_cDYpb1unhy6Q1DpX8suPe6Grb-ZTMEujOnUpSpvx_U6QpDeQ/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.intcomm.uni.wroc.pl%2F International communication is an extremely fast-evolving field within international relations. Due to the rapid development of new technologies, forms of communication and social changes, research in this area becomes increasingly important. This two-day conference at the University of Wroclaw aims to bring together scholars from a range of disciplines including, but not limited to, international communication, international relations, political science, cultural studies, sociology and media studies.

_Keynote speakers:_
Prof. Robert Entman, School of Media and Public Affairs, George Washington University

Prof. Andreas Hepp, University of Bremen
Prof. Iwona Hoffman, Maria Curie-Skłodowska University in Lublin, Head of the Polish Communication Association Prof. Stephan Russ-Mohl, Faculty of Communication Sciences, Università della Svizzera italiana, Lugano and Director of the European Journalism Observatory Dr. Josef Seethaler, Deputy Director of the Institute for Comparative Media and Communication Studies (CMC), Austria

In particular, paper submissions may report on research in either of the following areas:
- intercultural communication:
This panel will explore different aspects of intercultural communication, interculturality and cultural pluralism. We invite proposals that focus on minority rights, minority media, indigenous people, interculturality and human rights, the policy of transculturality in Europe, cultural pluralism in public media, cultural diversity of European societies. We are interested in proposals that present theoretical and/or practical point of view.

- public diplomacy including city diplomacy:
This session will highlight the importance of public diplomacy and discuss general challenges for this area of research. We invite proposals that focus on public diplomacy (including cultural diplomacy, economic diplomacy), also city diplomacy in network societies. Submissions that address other aspects of PD such as measurement instruments and evaluation of current challenges (crises or conflicts), public diplomacy in international organisations, are also invited. Paper proposals might include research on international public relations, interaction between PR and public diplomacy, and also theoretical and conceptual advancements in these areas of research.
-human rights and minority protection:
We invite proposals that focus on studies of human rights, minority protection and indigenous people. We are interested in the proposals that discuss the influence of cultural diversity on understanding of human rights, as well as the role of intercultural dialogue in creating the debate of human rights.

- international political communication:
We invite proposals for papers that focus on studies on political communication strategies, electoral politics and public opinion in network societies. Paper proposals might include research on the interaction between journalists and politicians, the influence of media on politics, and the influence of politics on the media, both in national and international perspective. We are particularly interested in proposals that address the impact of digital media on public opinion and electoral behaviour, the impact of public opinion on the behaviour and attitudes of political elites, and politicians’ direct communication with the public (politics-public) enabled by the new media.

- global communication:
We are particularly interested in how the network communication affects the global public sphere and civil society, global governance, freedom of the Internet and global social movements. Furthermore, we invite proposals that discuss the shift from mass communication based on mass media to mass self-communication based on the Internet.

- international public relations:
We want to explore changes in public relations from the perspective of new processes and challenges affecting PR, such as credibility, ethics, impact of social media, two-way PR and cultural differences. What does this field of knowledge look like in the network society, and what are the overall effects on public relations practice and scholarship? We are particularly interested in the proposals that address public relations activities undertaken by governments and government agencies at international, national, regional and local levels, as well as activities pursued by corporations and companies.

- international network communication and transnational media research:
We are mainly interested in how academic teams manage research, what kind of software is used to network communication and media research (mainly social media and Internet research). We would like to focus on data gathering, the data mining process and problems with their interpreting. We invite paper proposals with individual papers of up to 350 words each. All submissions must include the following: a) title, b) 350-word long abstracts for each paper, c) names, contact details and titles, d) details and addresses for invoice (if needed).

_Application form:__
_https://secure-web.cisco.com/1Ov4D7RJBPpzCY8RikGzHrq3kmyyChDM9qNGQhfZlybwMML1M9tZZVPBV6vJ8vpZgHV3ArL4q9nafQgqkoXjiiexKnGmth2NKESMWeq9oEYixJguBpRj3f0jPw7vnHwP_vXCzxjTIWkVGzpzDjF4JJSQMFZ3aKQvTVkocRmmrTRrHT6_QVq-0n0sk-81iFrlETz0o_25R-V6h4ZOjhpVu8u8K3kM5ErUwfT5yoC5PBXAqqS1E9cABZg39seWW3K2-/https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2F3dzdsL

_Conference fee:__
_PLN 350 /EUR 90
PLN 300 PLN/EUR 75 (doctoral students; members of the Polish Communication Association, members of the Polish Association for International Studies)

For payments in PLN: BZ WBK SA 4O/Wroclaw, ul. Kuznicza 17/19, 50-950 Wroclaw
09 1090 2503 0000 0001 1110 6022
For payments in EUR: BZ WBK SA 1O/Wroclaw, Rynek 9/11, 50-950 Wroclaw
PL 56 1090 2398 0000 0001 1108 0646
SWIFT WBK PPL PP

Please include the reference number (7003/2105/18), date (11 OCT 2018) and name of the conference (IntCommNet2018) in the bank transfer details.

_Important dates:__
_Abstract Due: 31st May 2018
Notification of Acceptance: 20th June 2018
Payment Deadline: 31st July 2018
Full Paper Due: 30th November 2018

_Publication:__
_Accepted and presented papers will be published in “Political Preferences”, an open access scientific journal: http://secure-web.cisco.com/1wrPhogZWrqTUQIgumyEFylcZeTGREER12eZTU3TDsob0KUpTx7WRGq40aTEMzrLu80wqczj8eSvcqi8nlWZGb4gqGi1viYb_2joIvuFkLnnRf0Jie8Vw3B088yM0KteJ-VzM79Ty2i8sVzLyRgsbl3fcrr55-jXw_LtVq0zDSHfDrpOPqJXl6CsNOhF-11H6VB2X5ladWhSn7fihzAm78iyna8LM_GSWQJd9Oev7W9ItWCghlh_EO9x_ED55uEi5/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.journals.us.edu.pl%2Findex.php%2FPP%2Fabout, (p-ISSN: 2450-873X; e-ISSN: 2449-9064) or in the special issue of “Central European Journal of Communication” (ISSN 1899-5101) – the official Journal of the Polish Communication Association: http://secure-web.cisco.com/1k_-6Sab9-rrMnDkTpOxYp00JrwiQgSGKEuG4jhZfoo3GKM_Ny2HDwUccF0PX4QeNIpSO7v8vP7R5c9UhStcd9HCdu6FsNORFtq9hPyWxIku6PJo9XyDWP0_owus1uME3ryuX97pT2kFyNyrvbBcC7q6BrWRf1nBMo8CYusBxBgp3WOhOTkPHemHrnHa_vFLsd4T1jYzOvkfG681XGD3TjMzsXytiL3q0lROoY1gLkv3t6pO_QHn5gbS9tmwNDlHxQLMxFIKhL_V7ks1Qcq3qvw/http%3A%2F%2Fptks.pl%2Fcejc%2F.

_Organising Committee:__
_The Section of International Communication at the Institute of International Studies (University of Wroclaw)
Prof. Magdalena Ratajczak (magdalena.ratajczak /at/ uwr.edu.pl)
Dr. Justyna Arendarska (justyna.arendarska /at/ uwr.edu.pl)
Dr. Bartłomiej Łódzki (bartlomiej.lodzki /at/ uwr.edu.pl)
Dr. Marta Ryniejska-Kiełdanowicz (marta.ryniejska-kieldanowicz /at/ uwr.edu.pl)

_Contact:__
_Secretary of the conference
Natalia Broś
e-mail: (int.comm /at/ uwr.edu.pl)
Facebook: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1vjbDL3_7ZFIEmN8BYNyw-ktBk49Y7ATptt-4VgwHrkzpIqbY3y8UnTErAy6fa3keGp5iTkFiOEA9AadN5iht9JWip0DQozdcaOh69v2GezfDI39aA8glY0Yago9ks2zJsjcbCDy88jbBseOgnOak6x9jiKGsWmHFAwtlYhcUv6eBPOCng7aqXo0E1VcLE5tBYdV2q7s-QF7joYOgLF5G1rx3e-VaIRCeX673qXQGSgmN-MRB4WDzoQ_wHKe363f4/https%3A%2F%2Fgoo.gl%2FhmAB4S Twitter: https://secure-web.cisco.com/1_52pNa_roGUosO2EV4rkSQCAfql4z2HaI5hyNgvR6fIsAD8QPMdfkGH6L5kJ53HuTREPvXpDqxdLUHGmhK-P-3sJdhT982qxpogpuCRNKJI-OF1lmM1FsIUQCwoHVYGBMkm05q05dnmmxCz09AAlJz0pO-IvG-C36QcWqSiLThac6znKNQuv385TG8HylzdOPs1FRvOtWzeOqL0mM4qGTbUMG4P2l93S-4SU4OlRwW8rHiv43pjtrxxGQQ1y4zbg/https%3A%2F%2Ftwitter.com%2FISM_UWr