Archive for April 2018

[ecrea] New Post - Warwick - Centre for Cultural & Media Policy Studies

Tue Apr 03 21:56:14 GMT 2018

Permanent Position £39,992 to £47,722 per annum

The Centre wishes to appoint an Assistant Professor in Cultural Policy and/or Arts Management to play a leading role in the Centre’s teaching, research and administration. This is an exciting opportunity to develop innovative approaches in a mainly postgraduate context with the potential to contribute to the development and delivery of undergraduate programmes. Working with a committed team of colleagues, CCMPS at Warwick has an excellent international reputation for research in the creative industries, arts and enterprise, media and cultural policy, and media, culture and communication. You will build on and complement the Centre’s research and teaching strengths.

You will have research, teaching and/or public engagement experience (e.g. working in partnership with arts and/or cultural organisations), specializing in the areas of cultural policy, culture and/or arts management within or outside the United Kingdom context. You will have at least two years teaching experience (i.e. module leadership and curriculum development), preferably including experience of, or clear potential to engage in, postgraduate teaching.

You are expected to direct our MA in International Cultural Policy and Management and teach one of the core modules on the course. You will also teach one or more option modules available for students on all our four MA programmes. Our taught MA programmes are central to our international reputation and to the generation of new research. You will be expected to provide intellectual leadership and to identify synergies between emergent themes in teaching and research, as well as undertaking day to day management of the course. You will be expected to attract and supervise research students, as well as supervising MA dissertations. There will also be the opportunity to contribute to new course developments.

Interview date: 1 May 2018

Closing date: 15 April 2018

Full details of the duties and selection criteria for this role are found in the vacancy advert on the University of Warwick jobs page. https://warwick.ac.uk/services/humanresources/vacancies