Archive for March 2018

[ecrea] New issue: FILM CRITICISM 42.1

Sun Mar 25 18:19:48 GMT 2018

Pleased to announce the new issue of FILM CRITICISM <https://www.filmcriticismjournal.org>.

The TOC includes the following feature articles, film festival reviews, conference reports, film, television and book reviews:

Feature articles:

  * Julia Vassilieva, "Russian /Leviathan/: Power, Landscape, Memory
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.101?view=text;rgn=main>"
  * Victoria L. Smith, "The Heterotopias of Todd Haynes: Creating Space
    for Same Sex Desire in /Carol/
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.102?view=text;rgn=main>"
  * Stacy Denton, "After the Farm Crisis: The Critique of Neoliberal
    Society in /What's Eating Gilbert Grape/?
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.103?view=text;rgn=main>"
  * Marc Raymond, "From Old Boys to Quiet Dreams: Mapping Korean Art
    Cinema Today
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.104?view=text;rgn=main>"

Film and TV reviews:

  * Abigail G.H. Manzella, "Violence and Care in /Three Billboards
    Outside Ebbing, Missouri/"
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.302?view=text;rgn=main>
  * Doyle Greene, "The More Things Change: /Andy Cohen's Then and Now/"
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.301?view=text;rgn=main>
  * Nurzali Ismail, "Who is 'Jagat

<https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.308?view=text;rgn=main>'?"

Book reviews:

  * Juan Poblete reviews: Paul Schroeder Rodríguez,/Latin American
    Cinema: A Comparative History/, (University of California Press,
    2016)
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.307?view=text;rgn=main>
  * Kevin Hagopian reviews: Eric Renstschler,/The Use and Abuse of
    Cinema: German Legacies from the Weimar Era to the Present/(Columbia
    University Press, 2015)
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.306?view=text;rgn=main>
  * Michael Petitti reviewsPamela Robertson Wojcik,/Fantasies of
    Neglect: Imagining the Urban Child in American Film and
    Fiction/(Rutgers University Press, 2016)
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.305?view=text;rgn=main>
  * Matt Yockey reviewsDan Hassler-Forest,/Science Fiction, Fantasy, and
    Politics: Transmedia World-Building Beyond Capitalism/
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.304?view=text;rgn=main>

Conference reportsand film festival reviews:

  * Alicia Kozma, "Art House Convergence
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.303?view=text;rgn=main>"
  * Gerd Gemünden, "Where to, Berlinale?  The 68th Berlin Film Festival
    <https://quod.lib.umich.edu/f/fc/13761232.0042.309?view=text;rgn=main>"

FILM CRITICISM is an open-access, peer-reviewed online publication whose aim is to bring together scholarship in the field of cinema and media studies in order to present the finest work in this area, foregrounding textual criticism as a primary value. Our readership is academic, though we strive to publish material that is both accessible to undergraduates and engaging to established scholars.We welcome submissions on a rolling basis.Please visit our Submission Guidelines <https://www.filmcriticismjournal.org/submit.html> page for more information.

Email: (filmcrit /at/ allegheny.edu) <mailto:(filmcrit /at/ allegheny.edu)>

Website: https://www.filmcriticismjournal.org

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/fcjournal/ <https://www.facebook.com/fcjournal/>