Archive for March 2018

[ecrea] *Jeunesse* 9.2 Out Now

Wed Mar 14 18:01:20 GMT 2018

The Centre for Research in Young People's Texts and Cultures is pleased to announce that the 2017 Winter Issue of /Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures/ is now available.

The following sections are open access:

- Editorial, “New Directions<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/437/295>” by Heather Snell

- Editorial, “Introduction to Special Section, Youngsters: On the Cultures of Children and Youth<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/446/296>” by Naomi Hamer and Stuart Poyntz

- Review essays by Sean Carleton<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/396/303>, Nicole Markotić<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/378/305>, Mary-Ann Shantz<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/413/304>, Ashley Henrickson<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/408/306>, and Mélanie Morin-Pelletier<http://jeunessejournal.ca/index.php/yptc/article/view/423/307>

Articles in the Special Section on Youngsters include:

- “Things to Do with Your Imaginary Child” by Steven Bruhm

- “Singing and Dancing ‘Their Bit’ for the Nation: Canadian Children’s Performances for Charity /circa/ the First World War” by Heather Fitzsimmons Frey

- “The Politics of Voice in Tween Girls’ Music Criticism” by Diane Pecknold

Additional articles in this issue include:

- “’Because That’s What We Do . . . We Sit and We Drink and We Talk’: Stories and Storytelling among Street-Involved Youth” by Lisa Mitchell and Marion Selfridge

- “Digital Piracy, Digital Practices: Changing Discourse on Young People and Downloading in Canadian Newspapers” by Heather Osborne

- “Constructing the Twentieth-Century Child: Postcolonial Retellings of Estevanico from Cabeza de Vaca’s /La Relación/” by Cristina Rhodes

Housed in the Centre for Research in Young People’s Texts and Cultures<http://crytc.uwinnipeg.ca/>(CRYTC) and produced with funding from the Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council of Canada (SSHRC), /Jeunesse: Young People, Texts, Cultures/ is an interdisciplinary, refereed academic journal, the mandate of which is to publish research on and to provide a forum for discussion about cultural productions for, by, and about young people.

To recommend /Jeunesse/ to your institution's library, download our form<http://crytc.uwinnipeg.ca/pdf/JEUNESSE_JOURNAL_LIBRARY_RECOMMENDATION_FORM.pdf>.