Archive for March 2018

[ecrea] Senior Lecturer position - digital focus - University of the Arts London

Fri Mar 09 11:44:53 GMT 2018

University of the Arts London, London College of Communication is looking for a senior lecturer in comms and media with a digital focus.

Link with details below.

https://ual.tal.net/vx/lang-en-GB/mobile-0/appcentre-1/brand-1/xf-9335210f7a17/candidate/so/pm/6/pl/1/opp/4072-Senior-Lecturer-Communications-and-Media/en-GB

Closing date for applications 20 March.

+++

 Senior Lecturer Communications and Media
Vacancy ID

4072
College/Service
London College of Communication
Main location
London College of Communication - Elephant and Castle
Job type
Full time
Unit
School of Media
Job term
Permanent
DBS check required?
No
Closing date
20/03/2018 23:55
Scheduled interview date
Salary
£44,708 - £53,865
The role

** Please note that interviews will be held on 18th April **

You will join our established team of academics and visiting industry practitioners in a teaching-focused role on our undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the Communications and Media programme. Courses in the programme include Media Communications, Advertising and Public Relations. The role requires a specific focus on emergent media practices including digital and social media theory and research methods. As senior lecturer you will take responsibility for teaching and learning on relevant units including their management and coordination, and supervising final projects and dissertations at undergraduate and postgraduate level.
Why choose us?
London College of Communication is a pioneering world leader in creative communications education. With the communications sector constantly evolving at a rapid speed, we work at the cutting edge of new thinking and developments to prepare our students for successful careers in the creative industries of the future. Our course provision reflects the breadth of expertise housed within the most diverse creative agency including: journalism, advertising, PR and publishing; photography; film, television and sound; communications and media; graphic communication; spatial communication; design cultures; and interactive and visual communication.
Your profile

You will have substantial experience of teaching in Higher Education and a proven track record of delivering high quality student experience, including through curriculum delivery, development and assessment. You will be committed to a teaching approach that integrates theory and practice. You will have a strong focus on digital media communications and understand how emergent media practices are transforming public communication. You will be able to help students understand this through innovative pedagogy, knowledge exchange or research. You will have experience of providing academic and pastoral support to students, of monitoring student progress and maintaining appropriate records, and of undertaking general unit management responsibilities. You will have or be willing to study for a relevant teaching qualification. A PhD is desirable. You will have a strong commitment to the advancement of your field and have an ability to work as part of a team.

If you have any general queries, you may contact Lesley Wilkins, Staffing Administrator, (lcc.jobs /at/ lcc.arts.ac.uk) or telephone: 020 7514 7985

At UAL, everyone's identity matters. We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive environment for all our diverse students, staff, and the creative and cultural sector partners with whom we engage. We aim to take every opportunity to progress equality and diversity, and celebrate the enrichment this brings to our community.

Candidates are advised to submit applications early to avoid disappointment as we reserve the right to close vacancies prior to the advertised closing date.