[ecrea] Call for expressions of interest: Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships - Cardiff University

Fri Dec 15 09:07:08 GMT 2017

*Call for Expressions of Interest: Leverhulme Trust Early Career Fellowships, School of Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies, Cardiff University***

The School of Journalism, Media & Cultural Studies (JOMEC) welcomes expressions of interest from postdoctoral applicants to the 2018-19 Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme.

JOMEC is a top rated institution in the UK for media teaching and research that helps to shape international media, journalism and communication landscapes. We combine a long-standing record of excellence in teaching and training with an outstanding research portfolio, routinely winning awards from a wide range of bodies. This reputation was recognised in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework, where we were ranked 2nd for the quality of our journalism, media and communications research. When compared with 66 other institutions in the UK, 89% of our research was classed as either ‘world-leading’ or ‘internationally excellent’, with both our research environment and the impact of our research receiving a score of 100%.

If you are a highly-qualified researcher with an innovative postdoctoral project, please get in touch to discuss with us.

Due to the highly competitive nature of the scheme, we will only consider applications from postdoctoral scholars. Applicants should have started working on a second project that may develop from but moves well beyond the frame of their prior thesis topic.

Details of the Leverhulme Early Career Fellowship scheme can be found here: https://www.leverhulme.ac.uk/funding/grant-schemes/early-career-fellowships

General enquiries about the scheme and expressions of interest should be submitted to Julie Jewell, (Jewellj2 /at/ cardiff.ac.uk).

The deadline for receiving formal expressions of interest is *Monday, January 8, 2018.*

Formal expressions of interest should consist of a one-page CV (please indicate the title of your PhD thesis) with an additional list of publications and the following details of the proposal:

(a)the project title

(b)a project description of up to 800 words along with a 100-word abstract;

(c)an outline statement of how the project will connect with and extend existing research in JOMEC

TO NOTE: The Leverhulme Trust advises that the project description should include details of the aims, objectives, methodology and outcome of the project (e.g. publication plans), to enable the Committee and referees to evaluate the scope and importance of the proposal.

Methodology should be clear and explicit, comprehensible to a non-expert. Bibliographic references should be included in full, including page numbers where relevant. The project description and the bibliographic references should not exceed two sides of A4, and the applicant’s name should appear at the top of the first page.

Successful applicants whose projects are selected for support by the School will be notified by *Monday, January 15, 2018*. Applicants will then have four weeks to prepare a full application to the Early Career Fellowship scheme. The scheme is due to open on January 1^st , 2018 and finalised draft applications must be submitted to JOMEC by *Monday, February 12, 2018*. The closing date for applications to be submitted to Leverhulme is March 1^st , 2018.