[ecrea] New Book:Carbon Capitalism and Communication (Brevini, B. and Murdock, G. eds) out now!

Tue Dec 05 12:39:49 GMT 2017

Our Book Carbon Capitalism and Communication is out now!

https://www.palgrave.com/de/book/9783319578750

**

The volume Provides a comprehensive, authoritative, overview of the current state and future challenges for research and debate on communication and climate crisis

Includes contributions from scholars, scientists ,activists as well as well-known figures such as Naomi Klein, Michael Mann ,former editor in Chief of the Guardian Alan Rusbridger, CEOs of Greenpeace and 350degrees.

Endorsements:

“/Carbon Capitalism and Communication: Confronting Climate Crisis/, as its title and subtitle indicates, addresses what might be seen as the six Cs that are coming to define the struggle over global warming in our time. The message of the distinguished contributors to this book is clear: if the world is to confront climate change, we must alter the current political-economic hegemony, in communications most of all.” (John Bellamy Foster)

“Linking carbon, capitalism and communication is essential to understanding environmental issues. This strong collection brings together critical information and reflections on these urgent problems and should immediately inspire our thinking, research, policies, and praxis.” (Janet Wasko, President, IAMCR)

“Looking at every angle of carbon capitalism and its connections to communication, Brevini and Murdock bring together a multiplicity of voices of scholars and activists in a sobering discussion of the dominant socio-economic-political model and of openings for change. Creative academic analyses such as this one are crucial to inspire critical thinking and help us imagine sustainable and just futures.” (Anabela Carvalho, University of Minho, Portugal)