[ecrea] CFP Radio Conference: A Transnational Forum

Thu Nov 16 11:31:03 GMT 2017

The Monash University School of Media, Film and Journalism, in association with local and international committees and the MeCCSA Radio Studies Network, is pleased to invite you to the 9th /Radio Conference: A Transnational Forum/ in Prato, Italy, 10-13 July 2018.

Hosted at Monash University’s Prato Centre, this year’s conference takes inspiration from its location in Italy and the ‘Free Radio’ movement’s push for greater access to media; we invite scholars to imagine and consider ‘free radio’ in its broadest sense, in a contemporary mediascape.

The attached call for papers invites presenters and panels to explore these ideas and many other radio studies themes from a range of disciplinary and methodological approaches. Following in the footsteps of previous Radio Conferences, we hope to gather the widest range of radio and audio media research for four days of engaging discussion and reflection.

We hope to see you in Italy in 2018!

We invite proposals for two contributions:

- General Papers

- Pre-composed Panels

All submissions are to be made in the *ConfTool* system at www.conftool.net/radio-conference-2018 <https://www.conftool.net/radio-conference-2018>

*Extended Submission Deadline: Monday 11 December 2017 (midnight, Central European Time)*

*_Contacts_*

General: (Radio.Conference.2018 /at/ monash.edu) <mailto:(Radio.Conference.2018 /at/ monash.edu)>

Mia Lindgren: (mia.lindgren /at/ monash.edu) <mailto:(mia.lindgren /at/ monash.edu)>

Rufus McEwan: (rufus.mcewan /at/ aut.ac.nz) <mailto:(rufus.mcewan /at/ aut.ac.nz)>

Chris Wilson: (christopher.wilson /at/ rmit.edu.au) <mailto:(christopher.wilson /at/ rmit.edu.au)>

*_Connect_*

http://artsonline.monash.edu.au/mfj/radio-conference-2018-prato-italy/

Facebook: www.facebook.com/radioconf18/ <http://www.facebook.com/radioconf18/>

Twitter: @radioconf18