[ecrea] Radical Open Access Collective

Thu Oct 26 12:22:50 GMT 2017

We’d like to share with you the new Radical Open Access Collective website, which has just launched:

<http://radicaloa.co.uk>
<http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/>

Formed in 2015, the Radical OA Collective is a community of scholar-led, not-for-profit presses, journals and other open access projects in the humanities and social sciences. We represent an alternative open access ecosystem and seek to create a different future for open access, one based on experimenting with not-for-profit and scholar-led approaches to publishing. You can read more about the philosophy behind the collective here: http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/philosophy/ As a collective, we offer mutual reliance and support for each other’s projects by sharing the knowledge and resources we have acquired. Through our projects <http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/current-projects/>we also aim to provide advice, support and encouragement to academics and other not-for-profit entities interested in setting up their own publishing initiatives. The current website contains a Directory <http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/directory/>of academic-led presses, which showcases the breadth and rich diversity in scholar-led presses currently operating in an international context and across numerous fields, and an Information Portal <http://radicaloa.disruptivemedia.org.uk/resources/>with links to resources on funding opportunities for open access books, open source publishing tools, guidelines on editing standards, ethical publishing and diversity in publishing, and OA literature useful to not-for-profit publishing endeavours. We will be further developing this into a toolkit for open access publishing in order to encourage and support others to start their own publishing projects.

Please do get in touch if you would like further information on the project or would like your scholar-led publishing project to be involved.

Gary

(On behalf of The Radical Open Access Collective)