[ecrea] five new faculty members at School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon

Fri Aug 25 16:22:56 GMT 2017

The School of Journalism and Communication at the University of Oregon seeks five new faculty members to join a nationally recognized program that emphasizes critical thinking, media literacy, experiential learning, and a commitment to social progress and diversity. We are looking for faculty with expertise in Science/Environment Communication, Social Media and Data Analytics, Games Studies, Media and Intersectionality, and Global Media and Social Justice.

Ideal candidates will have a Ph.D. (ABD considered), a well-defined research agenda with evidence of scholarly publication, and a demonstrated teaching ability at the collegiate level. Experience with applying for and securing external grants from relevant government and private sources is especially desired. The ideal candidates will offer the ability to research, teach, and lead in an innovative fashion.

We value candidates who share the following school priorities: attracting undergraduate and graduate talent, offering relevant experiential learning opportunities, and academic excellence through enhanced research productivity.

The SOJC is an ACEJMC-accredited program with a century-long history at the University of Oregon, which is a comprehensive research university and a member of the Association of American Universities (AAU). Our program thrives as a journalism and communication school known for innovation, ethics, and action. We offer four undergraduate concentrations (in advertising, journalism, media studies, and public relations), four professional and academic master’s programs, and a doctoral program in media studies.

We invite applications from qualified candidates who share our commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive learning and work environment. Employment begins September 16, 2018. For more information, and to apply, please visit journalism.uoregon.edu/ttf-jobs.

For inquiries about the application process, please contact (sojcjobs /at/ uoregon.edu) or the HR Manager at 1-541-346-2369. The University of Oregon is an equal opportunity, affirmative action institution committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. The University encourages all qualified individuals to apply and does not discriminate on the basis of any protected status, including veteran and disability status.