[ecrea] Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship at the University of Vienna - Call for expressions of interest

Wed Aug 09 15:00:56 GMT 2017

Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship at the University of Vienna

Call for the expression of interest in Media Governance topics

The Media Governance and Industries Research Lab at the University of Vienna is inviting interested postdoctoral academics to send an expression of interest for the development of an application for a Marie Sklodowska Curie Individual Fellowship.

We aim to support applicants in developing their proposal in the broader friend of Media Governance. Suggested areas are related to Internet governance as well as Safety of Journalists; Public Service Media; Privacy and Social Media; Copyright and Culture; Gender and Media Policy, but we are open to related suggestions.

The Media Governance and Industries Lab conducts research in the areas of freedom and pluralism, citizenship and the media and communicative spaces with ongoing particle foci on the above mentioned areas. Its research is interdisciplinary and aims to push the boundaries of Media Governance research, by connecting micro and macro levels of the social, political, economic and cultural dimensions of governing media as a process of governing communicative spaces. The Lab cooperates regularly with international organisations and the policymaking community.

We are seeking individuals with innovative ideas, team spirit and a commitment to translate academic work into solution oriented outputs.

Please send your 500 word summary of idea and a CV to (_katharine.sarikakis /at/ univie.ac.at) <mailto:(katharine.sarikakis /at/ univie.ac.at)>_ as soon as possible.

The deadline for the Fellowship applications is September 14.