[ecrea] Media coverage of elections -the legal framework in Europe

Wed Jul 19 17:30:36 GMT 2017

What rules does the law in Europe lay down for media coverage of elections? How do individual countries enforce reporting standards? What rules apply to the online political environment? Get our free report now:
*Media coverage of elections -the legal framework in Europe *
**

Downloadable here: http://bit.ly/2tbqW3r

In today’s 24/7 digital universe, the mass media have an unprecedented power to pick apart, comment and scrutinise our future leaders as never before. But who is making sure that coverage is equitable, professional, and complying with some minimum standards of “decent” journalism? Who makes these rules? The European Audiovisual Observatory, part of the Council of Europe in Strasbourg, has just released a new free in-depth IRIS Special report: /*Media coverage of elections: the legal framework in Europe.*/