[ecrea] CFP for the Journalism Education and Research Association Australia 2017 conference

Wed Jun 28 22:33:37 GMT 2017

A quick reminder that the call for papers closes on 1 July for the Journalism Education and Research Association Australia conference. The University of Newcastle, Australia is hosting the conference from 4-6 December. Here are the details on the conference theme but we are happy for submissions that relate to other areas of journalism education and research. We are inviting you to submit a paper, abstract or panel proposal.

*The Second Coming of Journalism? Rebirth, resurrection, renewal, resistance, resurgence.*

**

In a spirit of optimism, we would like to invite papers/abstracts/panels that explore, analyse and contest the idea of a resurging journalism and how that idea fits into the following themes:

  * Truth in a post-truth world
  * Fake news: opinions vs facts vs alternative facts
  * Comedy and news: a marriage of convenience?
  * Beyond the capitals: is the future of journalism in the regions?
  * Advocacy journalism: collaboration for a community outcome
  * How do we best prepare contemporary undergraduate and postgraduate
    students?

For further information on the call for papers, please visit the conference website http://jeraa.org.au/2017-jeraa-conference/.

*Conference organisers*: Janet Fulton, Felicity Biggins, Paul Scott and Christina Koutsoukos.

*Conference email*: (jeraa2017 /at/ newcastle.edu.au) <mailto:(jeraa2017 /at/ newcastle.edu.au)>

We look forward to welcoming you to the University of Newcastle in December.