[ecrea] Reminder CFP 'The End of the Experts?' Interdisciplinary Responses to 2016

Mon Jun 12 22:34:06 GMT 2017

This is a friendly reminder that our call for *papers*, *panels* and* artistic performances *is still open. The submission deadline is*25 June* 2017.
*'The End of the Experts?' Interdisciplinary Responses to 2016*
*Nottingham Trent University, 6-7 September 2017*
‘People in this country have had enough of experts’ – Michael Gove
/End of the Expert’? /is an interdisciplinary conference that invites responses to 2016, its build up, consequences, the questions it raises, possible solutions and aftermaths we are yet to face. Arguably, now more than ever we need forms of expertise to address the diverse issues that culminated in 2016. This is an appeal to show why expertise, in all its forms, is still relevant today. 2016 was a momentous year. Globally, significant events took place which altered our conception of society, politics, identity and culture. From Celebrity Deaths to Syria, Brexit to Black Lives Matter, Olympics to Elections, Referendums to Reproductive Rights, Healthcare to Hate Crime, Trump to Terrorism. This conference provides a platform for creative and critical responses to 2016. Which events led to this already infamous year? What are the immediate effects? What are we yet to see? How can and should we respond? Papers addressing the broad themes of Politics, Identity, Culture and Society are encouraged. Topics might include, but are not restricted to:

  * Climate Change and Scepticism
  * Brexit
  * The Trump Campaign
  * Global Elections
  * Post-Truth and Alternative Facts
  * Fascism
  * #blacklivesmatter
  * Dakota Pipeline and Standing Rock
  * Conflict in Syria
  * Jeremy Corbyn
  * Mistrust of the Media
  * #bringbackourgirls
  * Olympics and Sporting Culture
  * Nuclear ThreatsHacking
  * Political Tensions in Turkey
  * Award Ceremonies
  * Celebrity Deaths
  * Migration and the ‘Refugee Crisis’
  * Feminism(s) and Their Backlash
  * White Supremacy
  * The Colombia Peace Deal
  * Impeachments: South Korea, Guatemala, Brazil and beyond
  * Trans Rights
  * Class and Capital
  * ‘The Establishment’
  * Murder of Berta Cáceres
  * The War on Drugs
  * Populism
  * Healthcare and TPP
  * The Orlando Shooting
Please submit contributions by *25 June** 2017*, via email to (endoftheexpert /at/ gmail.com). Questions and expressions of interest can also be addressed to Sabrina Moro ((sabrina.moro2016 /at/ my.ntu.ac.uk)) in advance of the deadline. Further information: see the conference website endoftheexpert.wordpress.com <https://endoftheexpert.wordpress.com/>.
End of the Expert? <https://endoftheexpert.wordpress.com/>
endoftheexpert.wordpress.com