[ecrea] JOB: LSE Fellow in Media and Communications

Mon May 08 20:48:57 GMT 2017

JOB OPPORTUNITY

Position: LSE Fellow in Media & Communications

Institution: LSE Department of Media & Communications

Salary: Competitive and not less than £34,156 pa inclusive

Contract: Fixed term appointment for 13 months

Deadline: 7 June 2017 (23.59 UK time)

Applications are invited from outstanding candidates in the field of media and communications. The successful candidate will join an established and successful Department which graduates 260 MSc students a year and which was ranked first in the UK in the 2014 Research Excellence Framework. Applicants should demonstrate research excellence and a commitment to critically assessing claims about ways to theorise and empirically research mediated relationships between media and communications technologies and the social world.

You will contribute to the core teaching of the Department and in addition to lecturing and class/seminar teaching, you will act as Academic Adviser to MSc students and supervise their dissertations. You will be expected to make an active contribution to the research culture of the Department. You will also be asked to undertake administrative tasks in the Department or School.

We particularly welcome applications from those with an interest in teaching on our core course MC4M1/M2 Methods of Research in Media and Communications. Interest in teaching on the MSc Media & Communications (Media & Communication Governance) programme is also strongly welcomed.

You will have a PhD in a relevant discipline by the post start date (1 September 2017).

We offer an occupational pension scheme, generous annual leave and excellent training and development opportunities.

To apply for this post, please go to www.lse.ac.uk/LSEJobs. If you have any queries about applying on the online system, or require an alternative format for the application, please e-mail: (hr.jobs /at/ lse.ac.uk)

The closing date for receipt of applications is 7 June 2017 (23.59 UK time). Regrettably, we are unable to accept any late applications.

LSE is committed to building a diverse, equitable and truly inclusive university.