[ecrea] Latest articles - Journal of Alternative and Community Media, volume 2 (2016)

Fri Apr 28 22:50:34 GMT 2017

We are pleased to present two new articles in the /Journal of Alternative and Community Media/, joining the two previously published in volume 2 (2017) <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/issue/view/93>. These four articles range across radio, documentary, digital and print media in Australia, Canada, Greece, Mexico and the Philippines, including indigenous, women's and prisoners' media as well as anti-austerity and socio-environmental movements.

We encourage you to read, share and cite this new and important work through the links below. We also encourage you to consider submitting to the journal. Submission guidelines are availablehere <https://joacm.org/index.php/JOACM/pages/view/authors>.

Journal of Alternative and Community Media

    Vol 2 (2017)

      Table of Contents

        Articles

Combatting cultural ‘nerve gas’: maintaining traditional media and culture through local media production in Australia, Canada and Mexico <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/936>
Ian Watson

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/936/821>
1-13

What I Know Now: Radio as a means of empowerment for women of lived prison experience <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/937>
Heather Anderson, Charlotte Bedford

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/937/822>
14-27

Alternative media ecology and anti-austerity documentary: The #greekdocs archive <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/953>
Eleftheria J. Lekakis

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/953/840>
28-44

The Lumad Struggle for Social and Environmental Justice: Alternative media in a socio-environmental movement in the Philippines <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/954>
Belinda F. Espiritu

PDF <https://joacm.org/index.php/joacm/article/view/954/841>
45-59

The /Journal of Alternative and Community Media /is an open access, international journal dedicated to the study of all forms of alternative, community, activist, grassroots and citizens' media. The journal is co-published by the IAMCR's Community Communication section; the Griffith Centre for Social and Cultural Research; and the Griffith ePress. The journal publishes peer-reviewed articles and book reviews on a rolling basis.

Please address any correspondence to our Managing Editor, Ben Green, at (editorial /at/ joacm.org) <mailto:(editorial /at/ joacm.org)>.