[ecrea] CfP - Youth, Public and Political: Young People as (Ir)Relevant Actors in the Realm of Citizenship

Wed Apr 26 16:58:12 GMT 2017

The journal Social Studies is announcing a CALL FOR PAPERS for a
monothematic issue with a working title YOUTH, PUBLIC AND POLITICAL:
YOUNG PEOPLE AS (IR)RELEVANT ACTORS IN THE REALM OF CITIZENSHIP.

We invite empirical, theoretical and methodological papers and
meta-studies addressing the topic of contemporary YOUNG PEOPLE AS
POLITICAL AND PUBLIC ACTORS. The existing knowledge on the topic
produced within a variety of disciplines is fragmented by their wide
range of topical and conceptual focuses, methodologies and normative
assumptions. As such, the aim of this issue is to provide an
integrated, interdisciplinary platform for reconciling these
disciplinary emphases and findings.  In doing so, we seek submissions
addressing the topic from the perspectives found in the fields of
sociology, political science, media studies, developmental and social
psychology and related disciplines.

--

Guest editors of the issue: Jakub Macek, Alena Macková & Jan Šerek
The deadline for abstract submission: 30th June 2017

Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to the journal
address ((socstud /at/ fss.muni.cz)). More detailed information on the issue
is available on request ((jakub.macek /at/ gmail.com)).

Full call for papers:
https://journals.muni.cz/socialni_studia/announcement/view/51

Pdf version:
https://www.academia.edu/32647798/

Social Studies' web: https://journals.muni.cz/socialni_studia/index

---

Social studies / Sociální studia (print ISSN 1214-813X, online ISSN
1803-6104) is a fully open-access journal, indexed in SCOPUS and ERIH
PLUS. The journal has been published since 2004 at the Faculty of
Social Studies, Masaryk University, both electronically and in print.
For authors, the publication is free of charge.