[ecrea] Call for articles: Migration and Motion - Visual, Creative and Critical Narratives

Sat Apr 22 12:27:57 GMT 2017

      _Extended Call for Contributions_

        Migration and Motion - Visual, Creative and Critical Narratives

/Journal#3, Vol.2 No.1 - Summer/Autumn 2017./

Interdisciplinary publication Journal#3 is calling for visual, written and/or interactive contributions on the theme of migration and human movement. The multimedia edition is seeking to bring together voices (and visions) from across disciplines and practices into dialogue on contemporary social, political and aesthetic issues surrounding human movement. Through the publication we hope to promote new visual and textual reflections on today <http://airmail.calendar/2017-04-19%2012:00:00%20CEST>’s dominant narratives of identity, migration and movement.

We’re open to contributions from all technical and creative backgrounds, and encourage work whose experiments in form or format make it hard to find publication elsewhere. For any non-English language submissions, please also submit a basic working translation.

The final edition will be digitally published and freely available through our open online platform.

*Submission Guidelines*

We are excited by original visual or textual/audiovisual collages, mash-ups of sound/text/image, photographic examinations, written word. We welcome works in progress, new exploratory research, ethnographic diaries of uncertain adventures, cross-disciplinary and cross-purpose interviews. We love work that forces us to re-think how we go about publishing the journal.

Submissions in any format will be considered, so long as they speak to the general theme of the edition. Work should be original material, or relevant permissions sought by the author for any re-appropriations of text or artefact.

          Extended Deadline

10 May 2017 <http://airmail.calendar/2017-05-10%2012:00:00%20CEST>

Please send all submissions and enquires to the edition curator, Joshua McNamara at: (contribute /at/ journal3.org) <mailto:(contribute /at/ journal3.org)>