[ecrea] positions at Kozminski University

Wed Apr 05 18:52:23 GMT 2017

NeRDS (New Research on Digital Societies <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/>) group at Kozminski University (Poland), a leading research-driven business school in the heart of Europe, is seeking to fill one or more open rank positions.

The candidates should specify if they are applying for a position of:

  * – research and teaching assistant (asystent),
  * – assistant professor (adiunkt),
  * – associate professor (profesor nadzwyczajny), or
  * – full professor (profesor zwyczajny).

The research areas of particular interest for the candidates include:

  * – open collaboration and peer production,
  * – sharing economy and platform capitalism,
  * – digital humanities,
  * – critical studies of online communities,
  * – sociology of the internet,
  * – Big Data analysis,
  * – network society,
  * – virtual ethnography.

About you:

A successful candidate should have a strong academic record matching the position they are applying for. In the case of an associate and full professor ranks, a strong publication record in the JCR-listed journals and the leading academic publishers, as well as a proven successful grant applications track record are expected.

Full proficiency in written and oral English is necessary (level C2 and above). Fluency in Polish is not a requirement, but in the long run can be useful. If you do not speak Polish, we would certainly hope that you will be willing to learn it. Other things we value include:

  * – extended experience from abroad,
  * – combined educational background from different fields or
    documented research experience in both qualitative and quantitative
    projects,
  * – strong academic orientation,
  * – good presentation and teaching skills,
  * – documented academic interests related to studying online communities.

We do not restrict the background of candidates to a particular field, as we believe that good research can be inspired and developed from different angles. However, we understand that the position may appeal particularly to people doing research in management, organization studies, sociology, anthropology, media studies, information science, or digital humanities.

We are equally interested in people apt in qualitative and quantitative approaches, with a slight preference to those, who are able to do both.

About us:

NeRDS group is a highly informal, relatively young team of researchers. We follow participative decision-making principles and, if invited for an interview, you can expect being interviewed and evaluated by all members of the team, irrespective of the rank you are applying for.

We put great emphasis on internationalization and high academic standards. Over the last five years, NeRDS group members have gone on one-year research stays to Harvard University, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cornell University, University of California Berkeley, or New York University, among others. We regularly publish in JCR-listed journals, and publish books in the leading academic presses (e.g. Stanford University Press, Edward Elgar, Ashgate, Routledge).

Some of us are social movements activists (and e.g. serve on the Board of Trustees of Wikimedia Foundation or are engaged in the city movements), some are involved in the start-up culture (mentoring, seed funds, developing own businesses, etc.), and we generally value bringing a diverse experience to the table.

We believe that research should be stellar solid and of high quality, but that it also should be fun. We offer flexibility, a lot of independence, and a friendly working culture. Also, our teaching load can be very generous (read: low).

More info: http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/open-positions-digital-culture-studies/ <http://nerds.kozminski.edu.pl/open-positions-digital-culture-studies/>