[ecrea] Digital Ethnography in Practice - BARCELONA summer school - June 2017

Sat Apr 01 20:48:34 GMT 2017

Applications are now open for our DERC (RMIT) -Mediaccions (OUC) summer
school in Digital Ethnography - details are here, including our exiting
collaboration with SONAR music and technology festival - come and join us!

Please share

All details are here

http://symposium.uoc.edu/event_detail/8974/programme/digital-ethnography-in-practice-summer-school.html

 Program summary:

    ONLINE SESSIONS:  (1 WEEK: 2-9 JUNE)
Preparation through online lectures, sharing readings and weekly discussions and debates with summer school tutors

    ONSITE FIELDWORK (1 WEEK: 14-17 JUNE)
Pre-fieldwork workshop in digital ethnography theory and practice at RMIT Europe in BarcelonaPractical Ethnographic fieldwork at SÓNAR Music, Creativity and Technology Festival in Barcelona (14th – 17th June)

    ONLINE SESSIONS (2 WEEKS 19-30 JUNE)
    Online analysis and writing follow-up

Methodology:

Students will work in groups (tutored) online and offline, and do ethnographies of the Festival Sónar by Day and Sónar+D following by writing and reporting. Summer school students’ reports will be combined to create a joint report. We will be discussing and investigating further publication opportunities during the summer school.

Languages:

This is an international summer school, aimed at professionals, PhD students and researchers of all countries.

All lectures and communications will be in English, but the Summer School is International languages friendly and local languages are welcomed. Summer school research reports in Spanish and Catalan will be accepted and knowledge of these languages will be useful for groups of students doing fieldwork.

Key Dates:

20 March - 24 April: Registration

25 Abril: Acceptance Notified via email

25 Abril - 5 May: Fees due

2 June - 9 June: Online Summer School

14 June: Welcome reception at RMIT Europe, Barcelona

15 June - 17 June: Barcelona Fieldwork and analysis at SÓNAR

19 June - 30 June: Online workshops

3 July: End of the Summer School