[ecrea] MeCCSA Women's Media Studies Network Event - Women in the Media Industries: Inputs & Influences

Sat Mar 11 20:01:50 GMT 2017

* Women in the Media Industries: Inputs & Influences*

De Montfort University, Leicester

A Women’s Network Event organised by Dr Gamze Toylan, Lecturer in Media & Communication at De Montfort University.

Funded by MeCCSA Women's Media Studies Network & Leicester Media School, De Montfort University.

This event focuses on women working in the media industries and how their inputs influence production processes and outputs – what we see on our screens and how they are made. We will be bringing together media professionals and academics to talk about their professional roles and practices, as well as to discuss their research on media industries that focus on gender and inequalities in cultural production industries.

The event will revolve around panel discussions with the aim of developing exchange of ideas in a non-hierarchical set-up. Each panel (with 3 participants in each) will be an hour long with a Q&A session at the end. We have a wonderful group of speakers who are from a range of backgrounds (TV, radio, film and digital game design) and working in different capacities. The speakers include:

*Anne Morrison*: BAFTA Deputy Chair

*Nainita Desai*: Music Composer for Film & Television and one of 2016 BAFTA Breakthrough Brits

*Judy Ducker*: Established Prop/Production Buyer for Film & Television

*Dr Kate Murphy*: Former Senior Producer for Radio 4 Woman’s Hour and Senior Lecturer in History at Bournemouth University

*Joanna Bostock*: Broadcast Journalist, BBC Radio Leicester

*Dr Bridget Conor*: Senior Lecturer in Culture, Media and Creative Industries, King’s College London

*Dr Alison Harvey*: Lecturer in Media & Communication, University of Leicester

*Dr Natalie Wreyford*: Research Fellow at University of Southampton and Senior Development Executive in the British film industry

For more information and to book a place please go to the link below:

https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/women-in-the-media-industries-inputs-influences-tickets-31837670329 <https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/women-in-the-media-industries-inputs-influences-tickets-31837670329>

* This is a free event but a place needs to be booked.

Dr Gamze Toylan

Lecturer in Media & Communication

Leicester Media School, Faculty of Technology

De Montfort University

(gamze.toylan /at/ dmu.ac.uk)