[ecrea] Lecturer in Meda Studies at Lincoln

Sun Mar 05 14:12:21 GMT 2017

*Lecturer in Media Studies*

        Lincoln School of Film and Media

The Lincoln School of Film & Media is based in the College of Arts, located at the University’s main Brayford campus. We have been delivering media education at HE for over 20 years and we are currently amongst the very best Schools in the UK for media education and research. As a creative and dynamic environment, we have developed a strong reputation for the integrated nature of our courses, our relationship with the media, creative and cultural industries, and the strength of our research and professional practice activity across practical and theoretical areas. Even in these tough economic times, a very large number of our students go on to forge successful careers in these industries and other professions like them. As we move into the next 20 year phase we are determined to advance our status as one of the leading centres for media education in HE, with a distinctive reputation for creative entrepreneurship and with our students at the heart of everything we do.

Media Studies at LSFM emphasises speculation, experimentation and creativity. The successful candidates will play a key role in the School’s curriculum development and enhancement, supporting the development of our new BA Media Studies, which launched in 2016.

Post-holders should have expertise in one or more of the following aspects of Media Studies:

· The technological, economic, and political histories of information society (e.g. cybernetics, post-Fordist capitalism, digital counterculture) · The history and contexts of digital culture, with a particular emphasis on feminist, queer, post/decolonial and critical race perspectives
· Ecological and material contexts of the digital

  The post-holders should be prepared to:

· Teach across a range of modules (dealing with key twenty-first-century themes and approaches such as media and the environment, materiality of media, media philosophy, rethinking gender) in Media Studies at undergraduate level. · Contribute to the development of the curriculum for the critical studies strands (especially generating new options).
· Develop a strong research profile and research council bids.
· Contribute to the development of post-graduate (taught and research) provision in this subject area. · Ensure achievement of HE teaching qualification/accreditation [e.g. with HEA] during the probationary period.

We promote a collaborative, research-engaged ethos, reflecting a diversity of interests and looking outwards to the world at large. Lincoln is distinctive in its commitment to a spirit of collective enquiry, inspired by the University’s ‘Student as Producer’ initiative. Through our teaching and research we aim to produce an intellectual commons and to participate in the transformation of the social world.

The School is actively working towards Athena Swan accreditation.

*The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.*