[ecrea] Collaboration and Competition in the Cultural and Creative Industries CFP

Fri Mar 03 18:36:23 GMT 2017

*Collaboration and Competition in the Cultural and Creative Industries CFP: Final Reminder – Deadline March 6^th *
**
*International Conference*
*Collaboration and Competition in the Cultural and Creative Industries*
University of Southern California-Shanghai Jiao Tong University
Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry, Shanghai, China
5-7^th June 2017
**
*Hosted by: *USC-SJTU Institute of Cultural and Creative Industry http://icci.sjtu.edu.cn/en/
Confirmed Keynote Speakers:
*Professor Chris Berry*, King’s College, London
*Ms. Jenny Romero, *Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, USA
*Professor Andrew Spicer*, University of the West of England, UK
*Professor Brian Winston*, University of Lincoln, UK
Deadline for abstracts: 6th Mar 2017
Bringing together an enormous range of endeavours, the cultural and creative industries range from art, cinema, music, and fashion to curatorship, museum management, and heritage site revitalisation. Such endeavours are of great importance artistically, culturally and economically, so it is understandable that recent years have seen increasing attention on the Cultural and Creative Industries, both in teaching and research, in Higher Education institutions around the world. In response to this, the USC-SJTU Joint Institute of Cultural and Creative Industries in Shanghai is pleased to announce an international conference to explore the most recent developments in the field, at both national and international levels. Under the theme of “Collaboration and Competition”, we wish to call for a rethinking of the roles and methods of cultural production, and how they relate to current concerns about globalisation, and concurrent moves towards nationalism. In addition, our sub-theme for this conference, “Futures and Pasts” emphasises a pan-historical focus, and also seeks to facilitate dialogue among industry historians, theorists, and professionals. The purpose of this conference is to bring together scholars and industry practitioners from a wide variety of disciplines and interests, with a view to establishing common ground in order to compare, exchange and develop new ways of researching, teaching, and working in the creative and cultural industries. We welcome abstracts for individual 20 minute presentations or panels consisting of three papers (in English) from scholars and practitioners working in any field of the cultural and creative industries. Please send abstracts (max 300 words) and short biographies (max 100 words), and any enquiries to (icci-conf /at/ sjtu.edu.cn) <mailto:(icci-conf /at/ sjtu.edu.cn)> by 6th Mar 2017. Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
•Production and Co-Production
-Movie coproductions
-International exchanges
-Production studies
•Spaces and Technologies
-Film Festivals and other Cultural Marketplaces
-Creative Clusters
-Independent and boutique operations
-Technologies of production and distribution
•Methods and approaches: Researching Cultural and Creative Industries:
-Comparative research
-Anthropological approaches
-Data gathering
-Historical perspectives
-Archive research
•Pedagogy and Education
-What should we teach? How should we teach it?
-The role of public institutions and public education programmes in museum spaces
-What can we learn from international approaches?
•Strategies and Policies
-Marketing and Promotion of/as Cultural Products
-Race, class, and gender in the creative and cultural industries
-Intellectual property
-Soft Power
-Cultural Policy
-Cultural and Media Management
We are expecting to publish an edited collection based on a selection of the papers presented at this conference.
Conference organisers:
Anthony. T. McKenna, associate professor cinema and screen studies, ICCI
(anthonymckenna /at/ sjtu.edu.cn) <mailto:(anthonymckenna /at/ sjtu.edu.cn)>
Kiki Tianqi Yu, filmmaker, and associate professor cinema and screen studies, ICCI
(tianqiyu /at/ sjtu.edu.cn) <mailto:(tianqiyu /at/ sjtu.edu.cn)>