[ecrea] Call for chapters: "Black Mirror and Critical Media Theory"

Fri Feb 17 23:59:21 GMT 2017

Call for chapters: "BlackMirror and Critical Media Theory" (second call)

We are currently working with Lexington Books to develop an anthology regarding Black Mirror, the British-made sci fi series about humanity and technology. We are interested in chapter proposals that explore the meaning of the series for critical media studies. Below is an outline of the book's themes. All chapter proposals are welcome, but preference will be given to chapters that draw on theorists such as Baudrillard, Debord, Foucault, McLuhan, and Virilio. Please email a 250 word abstract and 100 word bio to (cirucci /at/ kutztown.edu) <mailto:(cirucci /at/ kutztown.edu)> AND (bvacker /at/ temple.edu) <mailto:(bvacker /at/ temple.edu)> by March 20, 2017.

Themes:

  * Human Identity
  * Surveillance Culture
  * Spectacle and Hyperreality