[ecrea] Lecturer/ Senior lecturer in Film Production at Bournemouth University

Thu Jan 19 00:01:45 GMT 2017

Permanent full time post for a Lecturer/ Senior lecturer in Film Production advertised at Bournemouth University.

For details see: https://www1.bournemouth.ac.uk/lecturer-senior-lecturer-academic-film-production

Lecturer / Senior Lecturer (Academic) in Film Production
Click here to apply
Key information

Salary:
Please see below

Date advertised:
Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Closing date:
Sunday, February 19, 2017 - midnight

Please quote reference:
FMC85

Starting salary for Lecturer £32,958 - £38,183 per annum with further progression opportunities to £41,709, Starting salary for Senior Lecturer £39,324 - £46,924 with further progression opportunities to £51,260

Bournemouth University is creating the most stimulating, challenging and rewarding university experience in a world-class learning community by sharing our unique fusion of excellent education, research and professional practice and inspiring our students, graduates and staff to enrich the world in which they live and work.

The Faculty of Media & Communication at Bournemouth University is one of the largest of its kind in the world and has a global reputation for combining research and teaching practice. The Media Production Department is recognised throughout the industry for its role in preparing new generations of media producers. In addition we have a growing reputation for excellent research across a range of media disciplines.

In October 2016 we successfully launched our new undergraduate degree in Film. This programme will develop graduates with an understanding of the film business, film production and film theory as well as key production and craft skills.

We seek to appoint a lecturer or senior lecturer in film production to join our enthusiastic and committed team. You will have substantial professional experience as a film producer, or in a closely associated role, together with the ability to manage projects in a range of professional contexts. You will have a strong understanding of the contemporary film industry, as well as being able to demonstrate creative vision and a reflective, analytical perspective on your professional work.

You will also have a good understanding, if not prior experience, of teaching and research in a HE context and an understanding of student centred pedagogies and strategies to develop students as independent learners. With highly developed interpersonal and communication skills, you will be able to interact effectively with a range of stakeholders including staff at all levels, students and external organisations, and to help develop a rapidly growing, successful and diverse department.

You will be qualified to Doctorate level or be able to demonstrate the ability to create and disseminate knowledge at an equivalent level and the capability to convert this knowledge into a doctorate in a maximum of 3-5 years from the date of appointment. You will be enthusiastic about developing your research profile and committed to a culture of academic excellence and continuous improvement.

For further information and discussion or the opportunity for an informal visit, please contact Dr Christa van Raalte, Head of Department – Media Production by email at (cvanraalte /at/ bournemouth.ac.uk) quoting FMC85 in the subject line.