[ecrea] Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication Science - Jönköping University

Wed Jan 11 15:01:37 GMT 2017

Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication Science

School of Education and Communication

Media and communication science (in Swedish abbreviated as MKV) at Jönköping University, is a field largely defined as social science oriented towards training and research with the focus on sustainability and communication. The Media and Communication Science Programme, with its four different study options: media production, market communication, strategic communication, and global communication, is one of Sweden's most popular and sought after programmes in its field. With the introduction of general master level studies as well as the new Master of International Communication Programme our international profile has become even stronger. We are now searching for a Senior Lecturer in Media and Communication Science.

Work specification

Your work remit will include developing, planning, and executing media and communication science training on basic and advanced levels and, in addition, also participating in and developing research. You will also be expected to supervise and examine student dissertations on both basic and advanced levels. As our programmes have an international profile you will be expected to regularly teach and supervise in English.

Qualifications

We expect you to have gained a bona fide doctoral degree in media and communication science or in another related field of relevance to the programme and its research profile. We expect you to already have experience of teaching in a higher education context and that you have a documented interest in sustainability. In assessing your application your scientific production and your teaching skills and experience will carry equal weight. We will also consider your personal suitability, your documented ability to co-operate well with other staff and students as well being able to take initiative. Since your work will include teaching and supervising in English we expect you to be able to communicate effectively in that language, both speaking and in writing.

The nature of the position

The Senior Lectureship is a full-time permanent position and, as is customary, starts with a six-month probationary period. Date of commencement will be at a time agreed between the selected applicant and the university. Conditions for work and employment at the university are legally regulated

For further information

Please, contact
Head of department, Dr Håkan Sandgren, +46(0)36-101355: (hakan.sandgren /at/ ju.se)
Director of programme, Eva-Lotta Palm, +46(0)36-101949: (eva-lotta.palm /at/ ju.se)
Director of programme, Dr. Ernesto Abalo, +46(0)36-10 14 37: (ernesto.abalo /at/ ju.se)

Professor, Media and Communication Science, Dr. Ulrika Olausson, +46(0)36-101451: (ulrika.olausson /at/ ju.se)

Union representatives:

Ingrid Bardon, Lärarförbundet, +46(0)36-101390: (ingrid.bardon /at/ ju.se)
Britt-Marie Leivik-Knowles, Saco-S,+46(0)36-101453: (britt-marie.leivik-knowles /at/ ju.se)

Application

We welcome your application no later than 12 February 2017. Application is made through our web-based recruitment system. Mark your application: Reference No. 2016-5018-221. Attachments should consist of files in PDF-format.

Your application package must contain the following: .A bona fide Curriculum Vitae, the authenticity of which must be signed by two different individuals who may be contacted by the university.
.A brief description of your teaching experience and research
.An exhaustive list of publications
.A maximum of 10 publications to be submitted, suitably the ones you feel represent you the best. .Provide the name of at least two Referees who may be contacted by the university. Also, submit your salary claim, which prior to signing a contract will be subject to negotiation.

Type of employment
Permanent position
Contract type
Full time