Archive for March 2017

[ecrea] New Special Issue on Feminized Resistances from JRS

Wed Mar 08 09:40:33 GMT 2017

- - -
Journal of Resistance Studies
                     New Issue of JRS on Feminized Resistances

<http://resistance-journal.org/product/volume-2-number-2-2016/>

Dear all,

We are honored and deeply grateful to have had the chance to co-create this special issue on and of Feminized Resistances which explores the experiences, desires, wisdoms and practices of racialized and feminized women from the margins. We believe that engagement with such resistances visibilizes practices of thought and action through and with which to nurture the conditions of possibility for emergent and imminent forms of creating, living and loving otherwise. At this time of closure of old political paradigms and emergence of the new, our vision is that this exploration of a decolonizing feminized politics enfleshed can support the nurturing of loving and caring transformative possibilities in our everyday lives. We hope that our collection will embolden (y)our loving weaving of a multiple, unruly and irreverent feminized politics otherwise.

In love, hope and solidarity,
Sara C. Motta and Tiina Seppälä

There are many ways you can help JRS to develop further:

We accept contributions all year round and will in most cases give a preliminary respond within days. We need more subscribers for the printed version of the journal and hope you can ask your library to subscribe. The contact person is Jørgen Johansen. We are always interested in discussing possible thematic issues with guest potential editor(s). Our aim is to include more book reviews. Both short (400 words) and more substantial ones (3000 words). Take contact if you are interested in contributing. In order to expand the interest in Resistance Studies we are presently in the process of adding short more popularised texts on our website; ”Studies in a Nutshell”. Please help us distributing info about these to relevant readers.
Stellan Vinthagen and Jørgen Johansen

<http://resistance-journal.org/>