Archive for February 2017

[ecrea] SFU Graduate Critical Studies Conference 2017

Mon Feb 20 17:13:54 GMT 2017

We are pleased to announce this year's Graduate Critical Studies Conference, hosted by graduate students in the Simon Fraser University School of Communication. The theme of this year's conference is *"(Re)conceptualizing the 'margins': Alterity and resistance in critical and communication theory'* and will be held on April 27-29th in Vancouver, BC, Canada. We are also happy to announce our keynote speakers for this year's event:

*Janet Wasko*, Knight Chair of Communication Research (University of Oregon), IAMCR President, *Harsha Walia*, Co-founder of No One is Illegal, Vancouver and author of Undoing Border Imperialism.

On behalf of the organizing committee, I am writing to invite you to submit abstracts on the conference theme and related topics. We would also ask you to distribute the CFP to any other parties who may be interested.

We look forward to reading your submissions and announcing this year's keynote speaker in the near future. For further details about the conference, please contact us.

Benjamin Anderson
(bja19 /at/ sfu.ca)
PhD Student, Research/Teaching Assistant
School of Communication
Simon Fraser University