[ecrea] CFP - IVSA 2016, Lillehammer, June 22 – 24

Fri Jan 22 14:10:51 GMT 2016

The International Visual Sociology Association (IVSA) invites abstracts
for its 34th annual meeting, to be held in Lillehammer, Norway, June
22-24, 2016. For those of you who have not yet submitted a proposal for
paper, poster or film, we remind you that the deadline is *February 1^st
*. We also welcome submissions of workshops where the deadline is
February 22^nd . Here follows our call for papers with more detailed
information for your submission.

IVSA invites abstracts for its 34th annual meeting, to be held at
Lillehammer University College, Norway, June 22-24, 2016. Abstracts may
address general topics relating to visual methods, theories, and other
aspects central to visual sociology and the visual analysis of society
and culture, as well as the general theme of the conference,
“Visualizing Sustainability. Imagined Futures.”

We encourage submissions from those interested in the visual research
and thinking from sociology and related social sciences; communications
and media; cultural studies; film and photographic studies;
photojournalism and related practices. We encourage those unfamiliar
with visual methods and analysis to visually innovate and experiment in
their respective substantive specializations. The IVSA is rooted in the
discipline of sociology but welcomes participation from a wide range of
disciplines.

Preference will be given to presentations that use visual material
(images or video).

Specific themes may include but not be limited to the following:

-        visual methods in the study of sustainability

-        the visual study of nature and human presence in the world

-        the visual analysis of environmental problems and crises

-        the visual dimension of social movements for human sustainability

-        the visual imagination of a sustainable ecological world

Please note: the list above is suggestive and not exhaustive. As the
first conference to address this important theme, we expect a wide range
of creative approaches, ideas and presentations, including papers with
images, videos, photo essays, multi-media, fine arts and other modes of
visual expression.

February 1st is the deadline for papers, posters and film, and the
deadline for workshops is 22^nd of February. Please submit *here
<https://hil.conference-services.net/authorlogin.asp?conferenceID=4936&language=en-uk>*.

If your proposal is accepted, you will be invited to join the IVSA in
order to participate in the conference. For general information about
the conference, see *visualsociology.org
<http://visualsociology.org/2013-02-01-13-35-25/2016-conference-june22-24-2016-lillehammer-norway.html>*

Welcome!

Tine Blom

Conference Chair