[ecrea] 2 PhD positions and 1 Postdoc in the project 'The politics of big data'

Mon May 25 11:01:08 GMT 2015

I am looking for two excellent PhD students and one Postdoctoral research for my project 'Data activism: The politics of big data according to civil society'. The five-year project has been awarded a Starting Grant of the European Research Council, and will be based at the Department of Media Studies of the University of Amsterdam.

You will join a team of five people working under the leadership of Dr. Stefania Milan (the PI) and collaboratively examining the emerging dynamics of data activism at the intersection of its social and technological dimensions. We offer a multidisciplinary, interactive and international research environment in a leading department (Communication and Media Studies at the University of Amsterdam currently ranks number 8 in the QS World Rankings).

While the official call will be published on Monday, I want to share with this community a preview.

Please find the full calls here:
http://stefaniamilan.net/content/i-am-hiring
Please note that the closing date is 9 June. Interviews are expected to take place on June 19.