Archive for December 2015

[ecrea] Celebrity Studies Journal Forum - call for submissions 2016

Sat Dec 19 11:22:35 GMT 2015

Celebrity Studies – Call for Forum submissions 2016

This is a general call for papers for the Celebrity Studies Journal Forum . We're looking for timely, provocative and open-ended short pieces on current topics in celebrity studies.

Celebrity Forum is a section of Celebrity Studies Journal that provides a space for timely responses to contemporary and historical issues in celebrity culture. We encourage submissions in two forms: 1,000-1,500 words (including notes) 'think pieces', including case studies, which should be provocative and open-ended, encouraging exchange and debate.

Alternatively, we invite 500-1,000 word (including notes) submissions of comments and views on previous articles published within either the main section of the journal or Celebrity Forum. Above all, the Celebrity Studies Forum is designed to be dialogical and primarily engaged with cutting edge developments in celebrity and its study.

Recent or forthcoming events and issues in the world of celebrity that we would welcome submissions include, but are not limited to:

•	Serena Williams – ‘Sportsperson of the Year’
•	Celebrity and the US presidential election
•	Bobbi Kristina Brown and ‘dynastic’ celebrity (deaths)
•	Charlie Sheen, celebrity and HIV
•	Celebrity feuds
•	Celebrity infidelities and the Ashley Madison hack
•	Viola Davis’ and the Emmys
•	Asif Kapadia’s 'Amy'

Forum submissions should be sent to Hannah Hamad at (h.hamad /at/ uea.ac.uk)

Submissions are accepted on a rolling basis, but to be considered for the next issue, please submit no later than Friday 29th January 2016.

Further details and journal guidelines are available here: http://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=rcel20&page=instructions#.VFIp5OdXaEk