Archive for December 2015

[ecrea] CINEMAS OF PARIS now available

Mon Dec 14 15:39:01 GMT 2015

Our 372 pages-long richly illustrated book CINEMAS OF PARIS is now
available.

Edited by myself and French critic Jean-Michel Frodon, with assistance
from international  contributors like Will Brown, Danny Fairfax, Ana
Grgic, Frances Guerin, Michael Gott, Sue Harris, Flora Lichaa, Renaud
Olivero, and Yoana Pavlova.
The book features numerous photo collages from Paul-Raymond Cohen (known
for his work for Cahiers du cinema).
We also feature numerous vignettes by world directors who talk of their
love to specific cinemas in Paris: from Kiarostami to Apichatpong, and
from Jia Zhangke to Ken Loach.

Paris is an endless film festival, so it was real pleasure working on
this project. We are proud with the result, which we hope to be the most
solid discussion on global cinema exhibition in this amazing city.

Orders placed before 5 January will benefit from a 20% discount
Online
shophttp://onlineshop.st-andrews.ac.uk/browse/extra_info.asp?compid=1&modid=1&catid=87&prodvarid=472

Dina Iordanova FRSA
Professor of Global Cinema and Creative Cultures
Director, Institute for Global Cinema and Creative Cultures (IGCCC)
http://www.st-andrews.ac.uk/globalcinema
https://www.facebook.com/staigccc
Publisher, St Andrews Film Studies
University of St Andrews, Scotland