Archive for December 2015

[ecrea] CfP Contention Journal Special Issue: Civil Society and Uncivil Times

Wed Dec 02 13:30:46 GMT 2015

We are convening a special issue of Contention Journal, /Civil Society
and Uncivil Times/. This issue is an attempt to address and reflect upon
the dark events unfolding  around the Mediterranean shores.

It seems that the rhetoric of intolerance and belligerence dominates,
appalling violence is everywhere and millions live in camps or roam
distant back roads. However we recognise that formal and informal
movements from within civil society continue to work during this time of
suspicion and within spaces of brutal violence.

It’s imperative that these voices are being heard and so we are
convening this special issue as a space for scholars and practitioners
to express their hopes and fears. We’re asking as much for personal
reflections as for research/theory based pieces and, as we aim to
publish in early Spring, contributions will be reviewed by editors (not
double blind peer reviews) to speed up the process.

Deadline: January 31^st 2016

[...]

For submissions & clarifications email (callanbri /at/ gamil.com). <mailto:
(callanbri /at/ gmail.com)> Please include 'Contention Special Issue' in the
subject header.

Kind regards,

Brian Callan, PhD.
Mail: (callanbri /at/ gmail.com) <mailto:(callanbri /at/ gmail.com)>
Web: https://lboro.academia.edu/BrianCallan