Archive for December 2015

[ecrea] CFP: Film-Philosophy Conference 2016: 6-8 July, Edinburgh

Tue Dec 01 09:26:06 GMT 2015

The Film-Philosophy Conference 2016 will be held at the University of
Edinburgh from 6-8 July.

CALL FOR PAPERS

The Film-Philosophy Conference 2016 at the University of Edinburgh
invites proposals for presentations on any subject related to film and
philosophy. There is no single overall theme.

http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/

We are experimenting with using a “track” system that will provide a
number of broad headings to which a presenter may wish to attach their
submission. There is, of course, an Open track if you feel that your
paper does not fit within any of the other tracks.

The tracks for 2016 are:

· Open Track
· Existentialism and Film
· Film and Ethics
· Film and the Other Arts
· Video Essays / Essay Films
· Gender and Sexualities
· Form and Evaluation
· Global Film-Philosophy
· Film and Political Philosophy
· Religion and Film

Continuing in the spirit of experimentation, we are *only accepting
individual proposals for presentations of 20 minutes*. There will be no
panel proposals. We hope that the track system will allow for papers to
group organically around common themes and approaches.

We invite 300-word abstract proposals to be submitted by *29 January 2016*.

All abstracts will be considered by at least two members of the
conference committee and decisions will be announced in March 2016.

http://www.film-philosophy.com/conference/index.php/conf/FP2016/author/submit

Keynote Speakers:

Martine Beugnet (University of Paris 7)
Daniel Shaw (Lock Haven University of Pennsylvania)
Davina Quinlivan (Kingston University, London)

Please direct any queries to the Conference Director: Dr David Sorfa:
(david.sorfa /at/ ed.ac.uk) <mailto:(david.sorfa /at/ ed.ac.uk)>

https://www.facebook.com/filmphilosophyconference/